Grant Funds NFFF Life Safety Kit Program
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p142
This section offers news briefs about firefighting in the U.S. territory. An agreement to support local fire departments was reached by the Fireman's Fund Insurance Company and Holmatro. San Diego Police Foundation in California will award 9 San Diego County fire agencies financial support...
- Senate approves Defense Spending Bill with increases for fire service. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Senate on the Defense Spending Bill, which includes an amendment to increase funding for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program. Amount of federal grants appropriated to fire departments; Number of fire departments applied for the grants.
- Departments Clamor for SAFER Grants. // Fire Chief;Aug2005, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that nearly 3,000 fire departments in the U.S. submitted applications for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants, requesting more than $1.1 billion in federal funds. According to an early number posted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security...
- Fireman's Fund Program Saves Lives. Nelson, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Feb2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information about the Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. Heritage program in Novato, California. The program aims to support the fire service to fund the spouses and dependents of fallen firefighters. Under the program, any employee is able to nominate funds for grants to...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Nov2011, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p111
This section offers news briefs related to U.S. firefighting companies and associations as of November 2011. It notes that a grant package funding worth 130,000 dollars will be provided by the Fireman's Fund Insurance Company to 13 fire departments. Thomas Carr Jr. plans to retire from his post...
- Funding Tops $30 Million in Grants Awarded by Fireman's Fund Nationwide. // Insurance Broadcasting;7/1/2013, p10
The article announces that the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) is receiving 61,133 dollars from Fireman's Fund Insurance Company to purchase various lifesaving equipment, training and educational materials.
- "Into the Fire" documentary to air on The History Channel Oct. 13 and 22. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p48
The article reports that Fireman's Fund Insurance Co. has worked on the production of the documentary film "Into the Fire," to be directed by Bill CouturiÃ© and scheduled to be aired on the television program "The History Channel" on October 13 and 22, 2006 in the U.S. Fireman's Fund intends...
- PASSPORT TO SAFETY: A TALE OF TWO CITIES. Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on the innovative program being initiated by the Downers Grove Fire Department for fire prevention. Education of children on the safety measures during fire; Details on the basic safety lessons; Knowledge and practice of children on the basic fire safety behaviors.
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p124
Features the props used by the Livonia, Michigan Fire and Rescue department in presenting fire safety education programs to citizens of Livonia. Exhibit showing the importance of the 'stop, drop and roll' technique; Equipment used in the 'crawl low under smoke' drill; Value of checking smoke...