Senate Votes to Replace FEMA
- What if...? Gentile, Annie // American City & County;Mar2005, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the implementation of hazard mitigation planning sections of the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2005, by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Deadline for the local government to secure their FEMA approved plans; Difficulties in creating a state hazard mitigation plan; Efforts...
- FEMA Not on Alert. Taylor, Paul W. // Government Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p66
The article highlights the inability of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) to comply with an intelligence reform bill to launch a pilot study warning system digitization and model an emergency alert system...
- Won't Leave Home Without 'Em. // Government Executive;Jun2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on several bills in the U.S. aimed at rescuing pets along with their owners during natural disasters. A recently introduced bill would require state and local preparedness offices to include owners and their pets and service animals in their evacuation plans, or risk losing...
- WASHINGTON wire. // Pit & Quarry;Dec2000, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p6
Reports the ratification of a bill that prohibits the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency from taking a formal role in the nationwide permitting process.
- Homeland Security: Observations on DHS and FEMA Efforts to Prepare for and Respond to Major and Catastrophic Disasters and Address Related Recommendations and Legislation: GAO-07-835T. Jenkins Jr., William O. // GAO Reports;5/15/2007, p1
As a new hurricane season approaches, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) faces the simultaneous challenges of preparing for the season and implementing the reorganization and other provisions of the Post-Katrina Emergency Management...
- Bills to Raise FEMA's Borrowing Cap. Heller, Michele // American Banker;11/16/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 220, p2
The article reports that the United States Senate will be voting on a bill that would raise the Federal Emergency Management Agency's borrowing authority in order to pay flood insurance claims.
- Mississippi; Amendment No. 3 to Notice of a Major Disaster Declaration. Fugate, W. Craig // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 181, p57575
The article offers information about Amendment Number 3, which amends the notice of a major disaster declaration for the State of Mississippi by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Mississippi; Amendment No. 5 to Notice of a Major Disaster Declaration. Fugate, W. Craig // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 181, p57576
The article offers information about Amendment Number five, which amends the notice of a major disaster declaration for Mississippi, released by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Pennsylvania; Amendment No. 5 to Notice of a Major Disaster Declaration. Fugate, W. Craig // Federal Register;11/4/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 214, p68488
The article announces that the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the U.S. has amended the notice of a major disaster declaration for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which will take effect on October 27, 2011.