Agencies Differ Over LODDs
- NFPA: On-duty U.S. firefighter deaths reach 10-year peak. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p40
Reveals that on-duty firefighter fatalities for 1999 in the United States were 112, according to a report by the National Fire Protection Association. Causes of fire fighter deaths; Dangers posed by the lack of on-scene accountability of personnel operating at the fireground; Largest proportion...
- FEMA, IAFC, and NFPA fund Harvard fellowships. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the groups jointly funding a fellowship program for senior fire service executives at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Federal Emergency Management Agency's United States Fire Administration; International Association of Fire Chiefs; National Fire Protection Association.
- Live Fire Training: Lessons Learned in New Jersey. Coletta, Terence // Fire Engineering;Apr2012, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p111
The article focuses on a number of injuries and deaths occurring during live fire training in New Jersey according to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). It states that the worst live fire training accident in the country happened in 1992 in Parsippany, Morris County. It tells that the National...
- Risk Management: It's Not Just a Catchphrase. CHADWICK, JENNIFER // Fire Engineering;Aug2014, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p53
The article discusses developments in risk management, particularly in the fire services sector in the U.S. as of August 2014. Among the processes in risk management are the implementation of control measures to ensure the safety of firefighters and the identification of actual and potential...
- U.S. firefighter fatalities up in 1994. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p22
Reports that firefighter deaths in the United States rose to 30% in 1994 according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Percentage of deaths occurring on the fireground; Entrapment deaths; Age range of the casualties.
- NFPA: 91 U.S. firefighters died while on-duty in 1998. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the United States National Fire Protection Association's annual report saying heart attacks were the leading cause of death among on-duty US firefighters in 1998.
- Association analyzes rise in firefighter deaths. // American City & County;Aug2000, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p39
Deals with the report of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) of Quincy, Massachusetts on firefighter fatalities in the United States in 1999. Number of firefighters who died in 1999 according to the report; Factors contributing to the rise in firefighter fatalities; Percentage of...
- Fire Administration releases 2012 firefighter fatality stats. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/7/2013, p2
The article reports on a provisional total of 83 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. announced by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) during 2012.
- Using new research to improve critical decision-making at structure fires. Rielage, Robert // Fire Chief Expert Blog;11/ 7/2013, p1
The article discusses the importance of scientific data in determining fire behavior in residential structure fires according to studies released by the United States Fire Administration (USFA), National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)...