Dolan, Satellite Duo Bail on Auction
- DBS, cable bidders may seek alternative partners. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
The article deals with the plan of companies to seek alternative partners in the wireless services spectrum auctions. In an initial anticipation that cable and satellite companies would use the advanced wireless services spectrum auction to enhance the mobile marketplace. Bidders who have...
- OUT OF SPACE, ONTO THE GROUND. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p3
Reveals that DirecTV is developing technology that would permit it to combine a wireless communication network on Earth with communications through artificial satellite in order to offer customers high-speed Internet and telephone services. Information on the owner of DirecTV; Possibility that...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;1/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the competition among direct broadcast satellite television service providers in the U.S. in 2006. Jason Bazinet of Citigroup stresses that voice over Internet telephony deployments of multiple service operators will increase the subscribers of EchoStar and DirecTV....
- DirecTV, Echostar Drop Out Of Spectrum Auction. // Satellite Today;8/17/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 150, p1
The article considers the decision of DirecTV Group Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp. to withdraw from an auction of wireless spectrum being conducted by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission. The companies, which combined their efforts under the joint venture Wireless DBS LLC, failed...
- DirecTV, Echostar Fall Back In U.S. Government Spectrum Auction; Post Profits In Second Quarter. // Satellite News;8/14/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p10
The article reports that DirectTV Group and Echostar Communications Inc. fell back after eight rounds of bidding for the public wireless spectrum auction to be conducted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. DirectTV posted a profit of $459 million in the 2006 second quarter. Echostar...
- DBS battles Northpoint. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p20
Reports on Northpoint Technology's plan to offer wireless communication services on the frequency band used by satellite television broadcasters in the United States as of May 1, 2000. Satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar's opposition to Northpoint Technology's proposal.
- Somebody call a spectrum cop. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p110
Editorial. Comments on United States-based Northpoint Technology's proposal to use direct satellite broadcast frequency spectrum to offer wireless services as of May 1, 2000. Satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar's opposition to the proposal.
- Cable's Triple Play Keeps Heat on DBS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p54
The article reports on the declining subscribers of DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications in the U.S. According to Sanford Bernstein cable and satellite analyst Craig Moffett, the decrease of subscribers in both companies is a result of their struggle to offer triple-play package of voice,...
- hot spots. // Satellite Broadband;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p8
Presents updates on the telecommunication industry in the United States as of February 2002. Partnership formed by Vivendi Universal with EchoStar; Cable consolidations; Performance of satellite radio; Information on DirectTV.