Cox Touts Takeaways From Satellite Services
- Cox attacks telecom carriers on video lag. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;6/12/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the decision of Cox Communications Inc. president Patrick Esser to attack telecommunication carriers regarding video lag in the U.S. Esser remind the attendees of Globalcomm during a keynote speech of the plan of his cable/telephone company to unveil wireless service later...
- Cox Chief: Heed the 'Echo Boomers' Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the move of Patrick Esser, president of Cox Communications Inc., to focus his attention and resources on the children of Baby Boomers. Estimated number of the so-called Echo Boomers; Changes in the preferences of Echo Boomers; Consumption trends of Echo Boomers.
- At the top of the pole. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 43, p53
Profiles Patrick Esser, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Cox Communications in Atlanta, Georgia. Career developments; Educational background; Achievement of career at Cox Communications.
- Need for Ops to Develop Content Stirs Debate. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p22
Cable operators and content providers got into a lively debate here over the value of exclusive content to high-speed data networks. During a panel session, operators basically contended that faster speeds of cable-modem service continue to drive subscriptions, while content providers insisted...
- THE COX CONUNDRUM. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p16
The article reports on the strategic planning at Cox Communications Inc. and the challenges facing appointed corporate president Patrick V. Esser in the cable television industry. Outgoing president James O. Robbin has left Esser with competitive and corporate issues which needed to be...
- The Faces of Cox. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/28/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p20
The article provides information on several notable people in Atlanta, Georgia-based company Cox Communications Inc. It mentions the accounts of president and chief executive officer (CEO) Patrick Esser, executive vice president and chief operations officer (COO) Leo Brennan, and executive vice...
- Execs Debate VOD, DVRs. // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the issue regarding video-on-demand (VOD) and digital video recorders (DVR) discussed by cable operators and technology vendors at the Consumer Electronics Show on January 7, 2005. Remarks from Motorola Broadband Communications Sector president Dan Moloney on DVR and VOD; Number of...
- Future holds more than cable TV for Cox. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/96, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
Reports on Cox Communications' preparation for the telecommunications revolutions through diversifications and alliances. Contract with the US Navy to provide services among the former's three local installations; Pilot projects with Tulane University and Entergy; Alliance with Sprint Corp.,...
- Cox's Contour service makes entertainment personal. TOTTEN, KRISTY // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/23/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 38, pP10
The article reports on the launch of the Contour service by telecommunication provider Cox Communications in 2013.