Satellite Providers Top J.D. Power, Again
- Make Bill-Paying Simple. Lusk, Kelly; Dalphonse, Sherri // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p77
Presents information on several credit-card and mortgage companies in the U.S. that offer online payment services. Cox Communications; DirectTV; Dish Network; Dominion Virginia Power.
- Targeting the Hispanic Home. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, pA6
The article provides an overview on several cable, satellite and telecommunication providers in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., DirecTV Inc, and Dish Network Corp. It offers information on the providers' basic subscribers, contacts, and Hispanic packages. It also presents the future plans of...
- Dish Can Keep Tweaking DirecTV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p28
The article reports an update on the lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. against Dish Network Corp., in which the former alleges that the latter is making false comparison between their programming packages and pricing.
- High-Cost Gains for Dish. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has increased the number of subscribers and also offers information on its rivalry with DirecTV.
- Tee Time for Golf HD. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/8/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p30
The article reports that Golf Channel HD will be aired in more than 12.5 million homes in January 2009. It cites that Golf Channel HD shared commitments with DirectTV Inc., Dish Network Corp., Verizon Communications Inc., Cox Communications Inc., and Cablevision Systems Corp.. It also notes that...
- DON'T BENCHMARK AGAINST MEDIOCRITY. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p16
The article reports on the results of Forrester Research's North American Technographics Customer Experience Online Survey in the third quarter of 2007. The survey found that customers are more satisfied with the customer services of their credit-card companies and cellphone providers than with...
- Making Love, And War. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the customer service recognition received by Dish Network, owned by EchoStar Communications Corp., in a 2004 survey conducted by J. D. Power & Associates. Opinion of Leichtman Research Group president Bruce Leichtman on satellite companies; Performance of Dish in terms of customer...
- Dish, Cox Notch Spectrum Gains. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p2
The article highlights the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) 700-Megahertz wireless-spectrum auction in Washington. Dish Network Corp. won large amount of spectrum in the auction and Cox Communications Inc. emerged as the largest winning cable entity. The auction generated a net...
- The King of HDTV. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;1/22/2007, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on John Malone, former owner of Tele-Communications Inc., who is trying to achieve the same level of success he enjoyed with DirectTV. Malone owned Tele-Communications Inc. until he decided to sell it to AT&T in 1998. He has bought the satellite-TV leader DirectTV and Dish...