Renewal in the Rust Belt
- Time Buy on Trio's Side in Philly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p8
Reports that arts network Trio has bought a 90-minute block on Fox Broadcast Network's Philadelphia affiliate. Programs that Trio will air during the slot on December 14, 2002; Advantages of airing the programs to Trio; Purpose for which Trio will screen a toll-free number during the slot;...
- 'The island' goes global. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2002, p18
Reports on the marketing strategy of Qatar-based Arabic television channel, Al Jazeera, which has emerged as a serious player on the global media stage. Viewership of the channel in Great Britain; Revenue sources of the channel; Benefits of broadcasting Al Qaida chief Osama Bin Laden's tapes to...
- Ops Tap Varied Methods to Lift Training. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p24
Reports the techniques employed by cable operators to improve quality and continuity of employee training programs in the United States. Partnership with colleges for employee training programs; Video conferencing; Employment of state-funded grant programs.
- TIME WARNER CABLE SHIFTS GEARS. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the strategy of cable television company Time Warner Cable (TWC) in marketing its premium products as of October 2003. Total number of digital subscribers of TWC as of the third quarter of 2003; Number of DVR set-tops deployed by the company; Percentage increase in the overall...
- Prime Latino Time. Morales, Magaly // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p32
Focuses on the expansion strategy of Time Warner Cable to reach Hispanic consumers in the U.S., as of December 20, 2004. Remarks from Time Warner Cable senior vice president of marketing, Brian Kelly, on the importance of the marketing strategy; Major Hispanic markets of the cable operator;...
- Getting Ready. // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article reports on the training of Time Warner Cable employees in back-office and billing to ensure a smooth integration for Adelphia subscribers in the U.S. The cable TV operator's employees are divided into several regional and functional teams. The company will also deploy digital...
- Time Warner off and running in San Diego. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p21
Announces the launching of RoadRunner cable modem service in San Diego, California by Time Warner. Customized with local content, including multimedia versions of local Web sites.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.
- The Great Node Hunt:. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p2
The article reports on the claims that Time Warner Cable Inc. is offering $50 to its employees in Houston, Texas for every one AT&T VRAD located. VRAD are cabinets on the street that let AT&T deliver fiber and copper to the home. The campaign is similar to Cox's ID-A-DISH program in Northern...