- Substandard news from Comcast is a real downer. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p2
The article focuses on the decrease in the stock prices of various cable television networks in the U.S. in October 2007. According to the management of the cable television operator Comcast Corp., increased competition has reduced the number of the operator's subscribers. The prices of...
- Cablevision Joins Club. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2007. The company's financial performance proved to be disappointing during the period and it consequently reduced its year-end cash-flow and revenue projections for 2007. Cablevision...
- Cablevision Posts a 389K Q2 Video Subscriber Loss. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that cable television company Cablevision has lost 389,000 video subscribers in the U.S. at the end of the second quarter of 2013.
- Facing Increased Competition, Cablevision Sheds 68K Subscriptions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
The article informs that Cablevision Systems Corp., American cable television company, had shedded 37,000 basic-video customers and has struggled with increased competition and its own past success in the third quarter of 2013.
- Is TV dying? US media stocks slump. Kehoe, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/8/2015, p12
The article reports on the decline in the prices of U.S. media and cable company stocks with customers opting for cheaper online alternatives like Netflix in Australia.
- Bring Back the Cable Show Bounce. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p72
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the cable companies' stock performance in the U.S.
- Cablevision Gives Fox News Big Hike. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 42, p26
The article reports on a deal between Fox News and Cablevision System increasing the licensing fee paid the cable network by the carrier. It is noted Fox's rate per subscriber will triple in the new arrangement. Fox's lesser profitability compared to rival CNN due to the latter's higher...
- Cablevision 'Cord Cutters' With New Package. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Apr2015, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the release of cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. of Internet-focused Optimum product offers that will provide alternatives and flexibility for the cord cutter and cord never generation of connectivity.
- Cable Keeps Crankin' in Q2. Farrell, Mike; Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that cable operators have recorded stable and robust earnings for the second quarter in 2010. It notes that Cablevisions Systems Corp. has continued to lead in the cable operators market with an impressive income of 1.4 billion dollars. It adds that chief operating officer...