Internet Users Rate Google Up, Yahoo Down
- SEARCH: Early days. // Corporate Adviser;Sep2010, p30
The article reports on the competition among three search engines in the U.S. such as Microsoft's Bing, Yahoo, and Google Inc. It states that all three have demonstrated decline in cost-per-click rates but Bing's rate is the most stable among them. Meanwhile, it mentions the deal between Yahoo!...
- Google's Accidental Selfless Promotion. // InfoWorld;2/23/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the decision of Yahoo to cancel its use of the Google search engine in favor of its own search technology. Action taken by Google in announcing the move of Yahoo; Advantages of Google's algorithmic search technology.
- In search of clicks that make cash. Arnold, Stephen // Information World Review;Apr2003, Issue 190, p24
Presents updates on Internet search engine companies as of April 2003. Google; Overture; Yahoo!.
- The Search For a Rival. Manjoo, Farhad // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/7/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses the company Google's ability to remain as the top search engine given that its competitors, Microsoft and Yahoo!, agreed to work together to create another search engine called Bing. The software company Microsoft is Google's most pressing problem, according to the article....
- INSIDE-OUT THINKING. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Florida;Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p4
The article presents the author's insights on the initiation of transformative change in organizations in a changing economy. He says that an organization must focus on its end goals to be successful, in which he cites the case of Yahoo! Inc., that was overtaken by Google Inc. as the dominant...
- THE SEARCH ENGINE THAT REALLY HITS THE SPOT. Winder, Davey // Information World Review;Apr2007, Issue 234, p19
The article offers a comparison for the six leading Web search engines in Great Britain. AOL features its FullView sidebar, which combines image, video and audio search results. The author notes that Ask has excellent search refinement tools but has poor results relevancy. He criticizes the...
- Is Google getting too big? Sullivan, Danny // Advertising Age;3/22/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p52
The article presents questions and answers about Google Inc.'s search engine and its advertising revenue. Market share statistics from ComScore's January 2010 rankings are given for Microsoft Corp.'s and Yahoo Inc.'s search engines. Yahoo's deal with Microsoft is noted. Search-engine...
- You are William Loeb (and Jon Stewart). CHYNOWETH, GRAHAM // New Hampshire Business Review;1/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p17
In this article, the author discusses aspects of technologies such as internet searching. He stated that instead of thinking of these technologies as a way to indifferently consume information, it must be thought of as a personal communication platform. He stated that though the updates through...
- New, Better Options for Internet Searching. Goldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p27
Deals with changes in the Internet search industry. Proliferation of upstarts trying to lure customers; Dominance of Yahoo! Inc.; Search engines that are better at finding narrowly defined information; Popularity of Google Inc.