Steinbrenner May Get New Partners in YES
- What a Year It's Been For Affiliates. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/3/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p30
Focuses on issues involving cable networks in the U.S., as of May 3, 2004. Information on the carriage deals of ESPN with Charter Communications Inc.; Dispute between Cablevision and Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network; Discussion on media consolidation issues in the industry.
- REMOTE PATROL: CANADA. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/4/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 13, pS13
The article reports on the state of the Canadian television (TV) industry. The Canadian TV industry has come through a year of takeover deals to emerge with fewer, but bigger broadcast players. Goldman, Sachs & Co. became a player in the domestic TV business after it financed a $2.3 billion...
- Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, no. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p14
Reports the launching of the Yankees Entertainment Sports Network in the U.S. Citations of the sponsors of the channel; Agreement with Cox, Charter systems and U.S. Cable and Mid-Hudson Valley Cable; Views of Cablevision chief Jim Dolan on subscription fee.
- Los Angeles. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p12
Presents information on the market changes in television broadcasting in Los Angeles, California, as of October 27, 2003. Information on the merger of NBC triopoly that includes television stations KNBC, KVEA and KWHY-TV; Acquisition of KCAL-TV station by Viacom; Effects of the expansion and...
- In WLIW merger talks, it's all about language. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/27/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p1A
Reports the proposed merger of public television stations WNET-Channel 13 and WLIW-Channel 21 in New York. Role of attorney Barry Shapiro in the deal; Cost of digital conversion for WLIW; Implication of the merger for digital broadcasting.
- UPN adds Savannah affiliate. // Electronic Media;2/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on UPN's acquisition of WUBI-TV located in Savannah, Georgia. Comments from WUBI chief, Jimmy Upchurch.
- Renegade Wachovia Risks Private Equity Ire. Holman, Kelly // High Yield Report;3/3/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that Wachovia Bank has decided to take Providence Equity Partners Inc. to court to back out of financing the buyout group's acquisition of 56 Clear Channel Communications television stations in the U.S. It mentions that this is the first time an investment bank has pursued...
- Freedom rings in buyout after long auction fight. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/15/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the sale of a major stake to two buyout firms of Freedom Communications Inc. in the U.S. Vote of the board to partner with Blackstone Communications Partners LP and Providence Equity; Number of newspapers and television stations owned by Freedom; Interest of private equity firms in...
- Techtv Launches Today in ZDTV's Place. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p26
Reports the launch of Techtv in place of ZDTV on cable television in the United States. Effect of the ZDTV acquisition by Vulcan Ventures Inc. on the Ziff-Davis Inc. channel; Retention of computer and Internet programming emphasis; Plan to increase original programming; Context of distribution...