DirecTV, Lifetime Dispute Heads to Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals dismisses suit challenging North Carolina satellite provider tax. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;2/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit DirecTV Inc. v. Tolson, wherein taxpayers had asked the federal courts to reverse North Carolina's sales and use taxation of satellite and cable providers, by the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. According to the court, it cannot intervene...
- Federal case for 'Project'? Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;10/20/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on Lifetime's attempt to move the litigation surrounding "Project Runway" to federal court. Lifetime has filed the motion on October 17, 2008, two hours before lawyers for the Weinstein Co. and NBC Universal were to meet with a New York state Supreme Court judge to outline...
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Lifetime leads cable nets in holding aud. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;06/27/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the results of the U.S.-based Nielsen cable television survey covering the months of April and May 2002. Audience share of Lifetime; Comment of Tim Brooks, vice president for Lifetime Entertainment Services.
- NBC Wins Round in 'Runway' Suit. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that a judge agreed to the request for an injunction against Lifetime and Weinstein Co., prohibiting them from promoting, marketing or exhibiting "Project Runway." NBC Universal sued the Weinstein Co. after it reached a deal to move the hit show to Lifetime from the Bravo...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- IN BRIEF. Umstead, R. Thomas; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/24/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p44
The article offers news briefs related to the cable television networks in the U.S. The fans who missed the previous "Project Runaway," can still catch up at the Lifetime Entertainment Services' website, as well as the episodes from the show's companion series "Models of the Runway." DirecTV...
- Cable NOTES. Greppi, Michele; Hibberd, James; Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;6/6/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p60
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Acquisition of the U.S. pay television rights to "Postman Pat," by HBO; Selection of Debra Lee as CEO of BET; Deal reached by Lifetime Entertainment with DirecTV to distribute its Lifetime Real Women channel.