WOW's Parent Buys Sigecom Subscribers
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
The article deals with the acquisition agreement between WideOpenWest LLC (WOW) and Sigecom LLC. It is mentioned that WOW provides cable, high speed data solutions and telephone under brand name WOW! to 1.4 million households in state such as Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.
- WideOpenWest Fetches $800M. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p10
The article reports on the agreement of WideOpenWest to sell its cable television subscribers to Avista Capital Partners, a private equity firm. It is estimated that the agreement would increase the cash flow of WideOpenWest. The deal, according to analyst Aryeh Bourkoff, represents a resurgence...
- A no-brainer for the FCC. // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p9
Editorial. Focuses on the merger plan of AT&T and Comcast. Opinion of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the merger plan; Impact of the merger on small cable company; Purpose of the merger.
- RespondTV Accelerates with Vendor Buyout. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the acquisition of AccelerateTV by RespondTV Inc., a cable television network based in San Francisco, California. Implications for the enhanced-television package of RespondTV; Retention of AccelerateTV employees and other facilities; Plan to offer applications to AT&T Broadband.
- Cable's urge to merge unabated. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the growth of cable system mergers and acquisitions in the United States, based on a research by Daniels & Associates. Projections for 1996; Figures on transactions; Small operators' withdrawal from the industry.
- The cablers. Dempsey, John; Nix, Jennifer; Morgan, Richard // Variety;04/20/98, Vol. 370 Issue 10, p22
Presents several news briefs pertaining to cable television companies and other related topics in the United States as of April 20-26, 1998. Turner Broadcasting System's payment for licensing New Line Cinema's `Lost in Space'; Merger between Renaissance Media and Time Warner; Compensations of...
- Liberty postpones deal with DT. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;8/30/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 64, p5
Reports the delay of the acquisition of Deutsche Telekom's cable system by Liberty Media in Germany. Attempt of Liberty Media for a renegotiation of favorable terms on a weak financial position and a falling stock price; Schedule for the approval of the deal; Need of Deutsche Telekom to pay...
- PAYBOX MERGER OK'D. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;5/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 53, p6
Reports the merger between Telepiu and Stream in Italy. Provisions of the deal; Acquisition on the soccer rights of Telepiu; Citation on the conditions of the merger.
- Juno warms to TW, AOL on Web cable access. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/30/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 62, p5
Focuses on the plans of Juno Online to merge with Time Warner and America Online (AOL) for the offering of Web cable access in the United States. Deal signed by would-be merger partners with Internet service provider Earthlink; Issues on the AOL-Time Warner merger; Federal assessment of the...