World Ahead Presses On With l0th Title; Unfazed By Midterms
- Minutemen Forced Nation to Deal With Illegal Immigration. New, Michael J. // Human Events;8/28/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 29, p24
The article reviews the book "Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders," by Jim Gilchrist and Jerome R. Corsi.
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p5
Reports developments on the book industry in the U.S. Initial print run for the new edition of "Guinness World Records"; DVD Buy-Back program offered by World Ahead Publishing company; Reduction in the sales of adult hardcover books according to the Association of American Publishers.
- 'Liberals' Selling Right and Left. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;10/24/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 42, p11
This article focuses on the popularity of the book Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed by Katharine DeBrecht in the U.S. market. The book, published by California-based World Ahead Publishing, became popular after it received an on-air plug from conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh....
- Nitwit Lit. Cottle, Michelle // New Republic;7/3/2006, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the series of books ostensibly for children promoting conservative politics. Published by World Ahead Publishing, the series began with Katharine DeBrecht's "Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!" The political content and political cartoon-like illustrations makes...
- Children's bookbag. // Publishers Weekly;3/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the Children's book industry. A six-part series of specials on HBO, based on Scholastic's `Dear America' series of historical fiction books for middle-grade readers; The move of `The Magic School Bus' animated series from PBS to Fox Kids Network; A writing competition from Pleasant...
- Greater St. Louis Book Fair opens April 25. // South County Journal;3/27/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 13, pA10
The article informs that the 64th Annual Greater Saint Louis book fair which features children's books, cook books and mysteries books will be held from April 25 to 28, 2013 at the Macy's West Counter in Des Peres, Missouri.
- CBC announces Children's Book Week theme. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the theme that will be featured at the 83rd observance of the Children's Book Week of Children's Book Council (CBC). Information included in the 2002 CBC catalog.
- Second Store for The First Page. // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 43, p23
The article features the children's bookstore, The First Page, which was opened by Christy Coyne in Costa Mesa, California in 2003. It now has a second store, at the Newport Hills Center in Newport Beach. The new location is 8,000 sq. ft. and, like the original store, carries about 3,000 titles....
- Generate cash and excitement with a children's book fair. // Curriculum Review;Oct2006, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p9
The article highlights the annual Children's Book Author & Illustration Fair of Orion Elementary in Redwood City, California in February 2006. The event featured writers and artists who volunteered to attend. A book sale is run by a local store wherein 20 percent of the proceeds is donated to Orion.