News Briefs ï¿½
- Harcourt, Houghton Mifflin Lead in Algebra II Orders in Texas. // Educational Marketer;6/11/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p2
The article presents the top publishing companies with most number of Algebra II textbook orders as of June 6, 2007 by the Texas Education Agency. The Texas schools favored textbooks from McDougal Littel & Co. and Holt Rhineart & Winston Inc. with more than $6 million in orders. The orders from...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;5/3/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p8
Announces the appointment of Greg Long as VP of marketing for Holt, Rinehart and Winston school publisher in Austin, Texas.
- Holt Wins Awards. // Language Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p36
Reports that Holt, Rinehart and Winston products were honored with wins in three categories of the 2005 Distinguished Achievement Awards sponsored by the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP). Award for Holt Live Ink Reading Help for Holt Online Learning in the category for Special Needs...
- NOTE. // New Yorker;8/19/1961, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p92
The article presents information on a note in the August 19, 1961 issue of "The New Yorker." It is about the issuance of the book "The Better Hoff" which is an album of eighty-seven cartoons by cartoonist Syd Hoff, by publishing firm Holt, Rinehart & Winston. Most of the cartoons were originally...
- Title Watch: Mathematics. Felix, Kathie // Multimedia Schools;Oct2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p49
Reviews the Holt Middle School Mathematics Premier online book from Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- HOLT TEXTBOOKS ADDS CD-ROM BASED TEACHERS RESOURCE. // CD Computing News;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the addition of Holt, Rinehart and Winston's Calendar Planner to the Holt One-stop Planner with Test Generator, a CD-ROM based teacher's resource supplement for Holt textbooks.
- Harcourt's HRW Sets Up Professional Development. // Educational Marketer;9/9/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p5
Reports the establishment of a professional development shop by Holt, Rinehart and Winston Inc. in the U.S. Emphasis of the K-12 education market on off-line and online professional development; Information on the No Child Left Behind federal reform act; Details on the demands of schools on...
- HRW textbook pulled in Texas. Dunleavy, M.P. // Publishers Weekly;3/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the decision of Holt, Rhinehart & Winston to withdraw a 700-page high school health textbook from the multimillion-dollar Texas School market. Unviavility of state's request for revisions of the material; Issues requested for revisions; Loss of $7.5 million allotted by Texas for the...
- Holt Virtual Investigations. Finley, Sally // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Sept/Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p43
The article reviews the Holt Virtual Investigations software designed for science laboratory experiments from Holt, Rinehart and Winston.