Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½
- The Wicks Groups Targets K-12 Education; Establishes New Unit, Buys Delta Education. // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p1
Reports the acquisition of Delta Education by the Wicks Group in New York. Venture of the Wicks Group in the supplemental education market; Amount of the acquisition; Plan of the company to add more educational companies.
- Wicks Group Targets Music Publishing. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/30/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p30
The article reports on the acquisition of Verse Music Publishing by the Wicks Group of Companies.
- M&A shows signs of life. CALLAHAN, SEAN // B to B;7/16/2012, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on recent business-to-business (b-to-b) media merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. Northstar Travel Media LLC was recently acquired by Wicks Group of Cos. LLC, and there were no layoffs and no cost-cutting with the deal. Industry has noted an increase in M&A activity in the...
- Wicks Group Pays $44 Million for EMC. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the purchase of EMC/Paradigm Publishing by the Wicks Group, a New York City-based private equity firm. Value of the purchase; Sales of EMC in 2004; Background on the operations of EMC.
- Wicks Group extends medical offerings with Jobson, DesignWrite acquisitions. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Wicks Group's expansion of its investment in health care publishing with purchases of Jobson Publishing Corp. and DesignWrite. Wicks's presence in the medical publishing field following the acquisitions.
- Daily Racing Form Enters M&A Race. J. H. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/30/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the decision of Wicks Group of Cos. LLC to place its racing media business Daily Racing Form LLC (DRF) into merger and acquisition bids. Wicks retained Credit Suisse to explore strategic options for DRF. According to Carl Fazio, chief financial and operating officer of...
- VanThournot Named CEO OF EMC/Paradigm Post-Acquisition. // Educational Marketer;5/2/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the completion of Wicks Group of Cos. LLC of its acquisition of EMC/Paradigm Publishing in the U.S. Move of the company to designate Steve VanThournot as CEO and president of the company; Career history of VanThournot; Revenue of the acquired company.
- Follett Software Expands with Aspen Acquisition. // Electronic Education Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p6
The article focuses on the acquisition of Follett Software Co. in McHenry, Illinois by Hingham, Massachusetts-based student information system provider X2 Development Corp. in October 2010.
- Software Increases Book Budgets. Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p31
Focuses on the analysis of library collection services in the United States. Service provided by Follett Library Services for the library collections in the Houston, Texas school district; Release of BenchMARC, an online library service, by Sagebrush Corp.; Benefit of a regular analysis of a...