Examining the Validity of the Stages of Exercise Change Algorithm
- MIND OVER MATTER. Shelley, Lynnette // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the trend in mind-body-spirit (MBS) exercise in health clubs in the U.S. Factors that drive the growth of MBS programming; Technique in MBS marketing. INSET: Types of Mind Body Spirit Classes.
- To Work Up A Sweat, Or Not? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the exercise recommended by several organizations to stay fit and healthy. INSET: Government Steps Up Effort to Study Acrylamide in Foods.
- Quality over quantity. // Prevention India;Oct2010, p10
The article provides an answer to a question of which type of workouts should be done during festive season in order to maintain the fitness.
- Enjoy your winter workout. // Prevention India;Dec2010, p12
The article provides an answer to a question on fitness routine during the winter.
- Staying healthy with exercise. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p108
Introduces exercise an important aspect of health and fitness. Effects of exercise; Results of not exercising; Tips on proper fitness.
- SHAKE a Leg. // Body Bulletin;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the importance of exercise and physical fitness in maintaining health.
- EXERCISE: What's in it for you? // Body Bulletin;Aug2002, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the benefits of exercise to overall health. Daily exercise routine; Prevention of serious health problems; Improvement of quality of life.
- Build A Better Back. Wong, Kimberly // Backpacker;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p103
Presents several exercise techniques for strengthening back muscles.
- FUNCTIONAL FITNESS. // Bowhunter;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p44
Discusses various physical fitness exercises that helps the bowhunters during hunting. Photographs showing the step up exercise; Different ways to perform dead lift exercise; Benefits of the lunges exercise.
- It's OK if you're not a jock. Yoxall, Patty // Current Health 2;Jan1994, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p12
Gives advice on exercise. Doing things one enjoys without having to join sports; Resources for sport teams; Indoor activities; Physical fitness as a lifelong process; Enjoyability of exercise.