Development of A Theory-based Instrument Regarding Adolescent Athletes and Dietary Supplements
- INSPIRING WORDS. Ross, David // Life Extension;May2013, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
The author describes the benefits of his participation in the Life Extension anti-aging program, his positive attitude toward life and aging, and his use of dietary supplements.
- Editorial: Supplements and sport: Part 1. Bosch, Andrew // International SportMed Journal;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces discussions which deal with the use of dietary supplements by athletes.
- Erratum. // International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p607
Presents a correction to the article "Nutritional Supplement Use Among College Athletes and Their Sources of Information' that was previously published in the February 2004 issue of "IJSNEM."
- BECAUSE YOU RIDE. // Bicycling;Jul2004, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p38
Presents information on the number of Firecracker Pops a cyclist can eat after a bicycle ride..
- ARE YOU OVERVITAMINED? Yeager, Selene // Bicycling;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p98
Focuses on the disadvantages of dietary supplements use by athletes according to sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania.
- THE `POWERLINE' VIEW ON Creatine. Riley, Dan; Arapoff, Jason // Coach & Athletic Director;Nov1998, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p12
Provides information on creatine, a food supplement used by athletes. Importance of creatine for the body; Sources of creatine; Benefits of creatine supplementation; Side effects of creatine supplementation; Philosophy in the area of creatine supplementation.
- THE INFLUENCE OF SIGNIFICANT OTHERS ON ATTITUDES, SUBJECTIVE NORMS AND INTENTIONS REGARDING DIETARY SUPPLEMENT USE AMONG ADOLESCENT ATHLETES. Eddy, James M.; Wang, Min Qi; Perko, Michael A.; Bartee, R. Todd; Dunn, Michael S.; Nagy, Steve // Adolescence;Fall2001, Vol. 36 Issue 143, p583
Presents a study which assessed the influence of significant others on attitudes, subjective norms and intentions regarding dietary supplement use among adolescent athletes. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Powerful pills or pricey placebos? A look at sports nutrition supplements. Walsh, Julie // Environmental Nutrition;May97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on sports nutritional supplements. Antioxidant supplements; Fruits and vegetables as sources of antioxidants; Chromium; Creatine; Sports drinks; Ginseng; Natural food sources of chromium and B vitamins.
- The Efficacy of SPORT as a Dietary Supplement on Performance and Recovery in Trained Athletes. Timmons, Brian W.; Newhouse, Ian J.; Thayer, Robert E.; McAuliffe, Jim E.; McIllwaine, Steve // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Feb2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p55
Examines the efficacy of Sport, a dietary supplement, on the performance and recovery in trained athletes. Use of a double-blind, crossover experiment the athlete respondents; Administration of two capsules of either Sport or a gelatin placebo on the respondents one hour before the exercise;...