Behind make or buy decisions in export strategy: A replication and extension of Trabold
- CHARACTERISTICS OF IMMIGRANTS AND BILATERAL TRADE. Blanes-Cristóbal, José Vicente // Revista de EconomÃa Aplicada;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p133
This paper tests the impact of immigration on bilateral trade using Spanish data from 1995 to 2003. It also explores some possible mechanisms behind this link. It uses a gravity equation for trade augmented with an immigrant's stock variable and a set of control variables. The immigrants...
- What credit managers should know about break-even analysis. Dennis, Michael C. // Business Credit;Feb95, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the need for credit managers to understand the concept of break-even point analysis. Importance of calculating a company's break-even point; Steps on how to calculate break-even points; Formula for break-even analysis.
- Perspectives on time-to-market. Kemtovicz, Ron // Electronic Design;8/22/94, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p106
Reports that a break-even time (BET) chart on a new product is easily forgotten. Reasons for the effect; Accuracy of forecasting; Extracting maximum benefit from the BET chart; Placing competitive information on the chart.
- ANOTHER WAY TO BUY. Barton, Tim // Overdrive;Jul2003, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p28
Discusses factors to be considered when planning to buy trucks through lease-purchase plans in the U.S. High interest rates; Payment of insurance; Potential equity built through a lease-purchase plan. INSETS: TO BUY OR LEASE-PURCHASE?;KNOW YOUR CONTRACT.
- Sale/leaseback deals gain momentum but what does it mean in a securitization? // Asset Securitization Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p16
Focuses on the effect of credit market deterioration on sale/leaseback transactions. Significance of terms of the operating lease; Implication of deterioration for securitization; Citation of operating lease rental as an operating cost.
- The basics of lease vs. buy analysis. Duncan Jr., Homer G.; Proctor, Richard E. // Business North Carolina;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Offers tips for lease or buy decisions for businesses and individuals. Identification of objects; Consideration of leasing alternatives; Understanding of rights and responsibilities regarding basic terms of leasing and purchasing; Steps to measure economic effects.
- Casino applicants buy Greektown car garage. Cantwell, Julie // Crain's Detroit Business;02/24/97, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the acquisition of a parking garage from the Downtown Development Authority by the casino, Greektown developers. Value of the purchase; Information on Primadonna Resorts Incorporated's efforts at obtaining three licenses in Detroit.
- The leverage of leasing. Brookman, Jerome J. // American Salesman;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p21
Discusses leasing of equipment and space as a means of corporate financing. Cost analysis of buy or lease decisions; Advantages of leasing equipment.
- Your money. Blue, Ronald // Marriage Partnership;Spring93, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p68
Answers a question on whether to buy or rent a home. Factors that make renting a home a better alternative; Factors that make buying a better alternative; Arguments in favor of one alternative over the other.