The drivers of evolution/upgrading in Mexico's maquiladoras: How important is subsidiary initiative?
- The Haus That NSF Built. Champagne, Christine // SHOOT;2/1/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p7
Reports the opening of The Haus, a subsidiary of German production group, Neue Sentimental Film in New York. Partnership of executive producer Ivo van Riet and executive Yan Schoenefeld in establishing the enterprise; List of directors recruited by the company; Career background of the directors.
- STARTERS ORDERS. Outram, Robert // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p41
Looks at the result of the efforts to boost the number of new businesses in Scotland. Key to encouraging a thriving entrepreneurial sector; Business birthrate strategy launched by the Scottish Enterprise in 1993; Decline in the number of business start-ups; Outcome of the entrepreneurial...
- CPAs as advisers to entrepreneurs. // CPA Journal;Aug96, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the results of a study `Creating a New Venture? Business Activities Essential for Entrepreneurship,' by the S.S. Tyler of the Entrepreneurship and Personal Enterprise program associated with Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Objectives of the study; Essential activities for...
- Help for your business. // Crain's New York Business;12/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p21
Presents suggestions for persons interested in setting up their own businesses in New York City. Experience of Dolly Nielsen, owner of a public relations firm; Assistance given by small business development centers; Reference to the public and private sector resources that are available; Citing...
- How to start an Inc. 500 Company. Brokaw, Leslie; McDevitt, Kevin // Inc.;1994 Inc. 500, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p50
Provides advice from successful entrepreneurs on how to start a new business. Explores six common questions; How to get credibility; If this can be done from your home; How much planning is necessary; How much industry experience is required; What to do if someone steals your idea; Where to...
- BUILD YOUR BUSINESS. // Working Mother;Apr/May2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p32
An answer to a question on starting a new business is presented.
- Be honest with yourself before taking step to entrepreneurship. Willax, Paul A. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/09/99, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on issues that entrepreneurs must address before establishing a business. Understanding of the proposed business venture; Knowledge on target markets; Willingness to risk assets on the venture; Operating style.
- Getting started. Shakespeare, Tonia L.; Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Dec94, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p36
Discusses five business possibilities for young entrepreneurs. Marketing T-shirts; Disc jockey (DJ) services; Steven Morales, 17, who started La Casa Catering; Views of Sandra Sowell-Scott, director of Youth Entrepreneurial Training at Temple University's Small Business Development Center; Video...
- Look Before You Leap. Beech, Wendy // Black Enterprise;Sept99, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p95
Offers advice on starting a business. Factors for finding a business that fits; What should be remembered in buying a business; Importance of attending at least one business conference.