Management education in Ibero-America: An exploratory analysis and perspective
- SimDesk Moving Into K-12 Market With Hosted Desktop Applications. // Electronic Education Report;11/21/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p6
Reports that SimDesk Technologies Inc., provider of Web hosted desktop applications, has moved beyond the municipal government market into K-12 schools in the U.S. Use of SimDesk sites; Applications in the SimDesk; Negotiation of school districts on a site license.
- Online Educator's Forum Report Part II: Knowledge Management. Chase, Lynne; Cortez, Edwin Michael; Alvarez, Jacquelina // Journal of Education for Library & Information Science;Winter2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the knowledge management among online educators in the U.S. Description of information management; Implications of organizational learning for academic setting; Increase of information production by online educators.
- Do firms run schools well? Toch, Thomas // U.S. News & World Report;1/8/96, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on private companies that are operating public schools. Campaign to make public education a more entrpreneurial enterprise in the face of the failure of traditional school systems to educate many students well; Opposition to privatization; Educational management organizations (EMO);...
- Learning and earning: Schooling, juvenile employment, and the early life course in late... Lassonde, Stephen // Journal of Social History;Summer96, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p839
Discusses the implications of the passage and enforcement of compulsory education laws in the United States on time utilization of children. Efforts to instill in children the value of time; Childhood as period of formal preparation for adulthood.
- Recognition Of Noncollegiate Learning Experiences. Nadler, Leonard // Training & Development Journal;Jul75, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p8
Describes the American Council on Education program on non-collegiate sponsored instruction in the U.S. Introduction of the continuing education unit; Implication for the field of human resource development; Examination of materials.
- Reading, 'Riting and Risk Management. Chordas, Lori // Best's Review;Apr2001, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p35
Focuses on the role of risk managers on the educational system in the United States. Decision of schools to recruit risk managers; Responsibility of the risk managers; Background of school risk managers; Exposure of schools to accidents. INSETS: Challenging Times Ahead;Spotlight: Denver...
- It's about time! // Transportation & Distribution;Nov98, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
Comments on business management in the United States. Recommendations of Bud LaLonde; Effects of Cross-functional teaching system; How the educational background of a person affects his work.
- For better results, add some TQM. Derrickson, Dale R. // Vocational Education Journal;Apr96, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p62
Proposes the use of total quality management (TQM) in vocational education in the United States. Lack of effective leadership knowledgeable in academic and vocational arenas; Advantages of a comprehensive vocational framework to students; Need to prepare individual students for a successful...
- Harder Than I Thought: A Qualitative Study of the Implementation of a Total Quality Management Approach in Business Education. Macy, Granger; Neal, Joan; Waner, Karen K. // Innovative Higher Education;Fall98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p27
After a brief discussion of the role of Total Quality Management (TQM) in higher education, this article analyzes factors impacting its adoption in the Management Department at Central Missouri State University (Central). In examining the program at Central a brief history of the program is...