THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: FOREWORD: TORTURE AND THE WAR ON TERROR
- Editors' Note. Humes-Schulz, Stacy; Weiss, Brandon // Harvard Human Rights Journal;Spring2007, Vol. 20, preceding p1
The article discusses various papers published within this issue including one by Kate Riggs, Richard Blakeley and Jasmine Marwaha on torture and another by Zinaida Miller on the 1948 event in Israel/Palestine and the creation of the Palestinian refugee population.
- The Perils of Conscience. Granger, David // Esquire;Aug2006, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about an Army captain who blew the whistle on acts of torture he witnessed being practiced by U.S. soldiers in Iraq.
- Shame on us. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;4/18/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Kermit Johnson on the practice of torture of military prisoners by the U.S. armed forces.
- INTRODUCTION. Martin, Claudia; Rodr�guez-Pinz�n, Diego // American University International Law Review;2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p7
Introduces a series of articles about international human rights law and international humanitarian law, including the prohibition of torture under international law.
- The Torture Debate. // Congressional Digest;Feb2008, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p33
An introduction is presented to the topic of the articles published in this issue, legislation regarding the interrogation methods employed by the U.S. against suspected terrorists.
- Editor's Introduction. Slay, Ben // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about Tajikistan's need for regional cooperation and another one about obstacles to regional integration.
- Letter from the President. Burger, Deborah // California Nurse;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p2
A preface for the January 2006 issue of the periodical "California Nurse" is presented.
- Preface. Smith, Patricia J. // After the Wall: Eastern Germany Since 1989;1999, p1
A preface of the book "After the Wall: Eastern Germany Since 1989," edited by Patricia J. Smith is presented.
- Foreword. // DAC Journal;2005 Supplement, Vol. 6, p3
A foreword to "The DAC Journal" is presented.