Municipal Bond Activities
- MENU COSTS AND THE NEUTRALITY OF MONEY. Caplin, Andrew S.; Spulber, Daniel F. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov87, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p703
A model of endogenous price adjustment under money growth is presented. Firms follow (s,S) pricing policies, and price revisions are imperfectly synchronized. In the aggregate, price stickiness disappears, and money is neutral. The connection between firm price adjustment and relative price...
- Interest Up For Inflation-Linked Products. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the initiation of inflation-protected securities as the interest of most bond markets in the U.S. Offer of inflation protected securities by LaSalle Broker Dealers as part of its retail-oriented bond issuance programs; Interest of the debt markets on the inflation protected bond;...
- New Markets, New Developments, New Challenges. Fung, Hung-Gay // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various papers published within the issue including one on the development of the offshore renminbi-denominated Chinese dim sum bond market, another on the renminbi-dollar exchange rate, and another on the industrial relocation currently underway in China.
- End-of-year strength, Fed's resolve could push up rates again. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;Sep81, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p12
Presents a forecast of the performance of bond and money markets in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 1981. Difficulty encountered by credit market participants; Decrease of the inflation rate; Efforts of policy-makers to capitalize on the moderation in the economy and inflation.
- THE BOND MARKET. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;May70, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p14
Discusses the basic threat to the conditions of the bond and money markets in the U.S. as of 1970. Interest of the U.S. Federal Reserve in promoting healthy inflows at all financial institutions; Expectations on Treasury borrowings for the second quarter of 1970.
- A Primer on Inflation. // New Republic;2/24/32, Vol. 70 Issue 899, p31
Discusses various issues related to inflation. Expansion of the means of payment intended to promote business; Introduction to the aims of the Steagall-Glass bill; Overview of the safeguards against an undue increase of credit and currency; Effect of the mentioned bill on prices in the market...
- HY jitters pave way for new fund. Lacey, Steve // High Yield Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Cites Donaldson Lufkin & Janrette's (DLJ) launching of its DLJ Investment Partners II mezzanine fund in response to increased selectivity within the high yield bond market.
- More new funds in crowded market. Waddell, Melanie // High Yield Report;06/08/98, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the launching of high yield products by institutions and investment companies in the United States. Identification of companies and institutions registering funds or in the high yield market; Details on the funds; Comments made by Richard Mansfield, senior vice president of Summit...
- Editors' Summary. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;2009, Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Phillip Swagel on the account of economic policy debates in the U.S. Treasury Department, one by John Campbell and colleagues on inflation-indexed bonds in Great Britain and the U.S., and one by Christina Romer...