Michigan GOP Wins Business Tax Repeal
- Attachments may hamper 'tax-on-tax' reform bill. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/7/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
The article presents information on the acceptance of a legislative bill on the removal of taxes, fees and other elements from inclusion as gross receipts under the Michigan Business Tax (MBT) of Michigan. It is reported that the bill has been passed by the state House and is back to the Senate....
- Making Tax Hikes Harder. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p9
No abstract available.
- Small-business tax initiatives pass Assembly. Marco, Frank J.; Caligiuri, Sam S.F. // Fairfield County Business Journal;07/26/99, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p17
Reports on the pro-business initiatives passed by the Connecticut General Assembly. Changes in the legislature's omnibus state tax law benefiting small business enterprises; Outline of the tax credit exchange provision approved by the assembly; Requirements of the provision for business...
- Legislature overrides veto of wind project tax refund. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the decision reached by the South Dakota legislature, through a vote, to override Governor Mike Rounds' veto of a bill that provides sales and use tax and contractor's tax refunds for new or expanded wind energy facilities.
- TX: Legislature Adjourns. // GPP eNews;6/5/2015, p1
The article reports that the Texas legislature adjourned on June 1, 2015 and almost all of the session's important issues were addressed and the major tax relief for businesses and homeowners bill was .
- Who voted for Pataki's tax cuts and who didn't raises hackles. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;6/10/95, Vol. 86 Issue 23, p4
Identifies the New York State assemblymembers who voted for and against the tax cut component of Governor George Pataki's budget proposal. Assemblyman Larry Seabrook's questioning of the wisdom of giving tax breaks to wealthy corporations; Assemblyman Clarence Norman Jr.'s defense of his `yes'...
- North Carolina bill does a repeat performance. // Resource Recycling;Jul2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the introduction of the Senate Bill 1030 that would create a privilege tax on the sale of computers in the recycling industry in North Carolina. The measure is projected to raise the annual income and would fund a network of county and municipally-maintained drop-off sites...
- The Repeal of the Michigan Single Business Tax. Gandhi, Lynn A. // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p382
The article focuses on the issue on Michigan's Single Business Tax (SBT). On August 9, 2006, the Michigan Legislature voted to repeal the SBT, which generates $1.9 billion in tax revenue for the state from business taxpayers. Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm has argued that lawmakers should...
- Tax package puts the business 'frog' in the frying pan. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;7/13/2001-7/26/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p11
Discusses the increase in business taxation in New Hampshire as of July 2001. Politicians opposing the increase in business taxes; Problems of the state regarding taxation; Reason that the Legislature opted to increase business taxes.