Subway Series of Sales: $17B in Ballpark Debt
- Hennepin County Selling $120M Piece for Twins Ballpark. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32847, p32
The article reports on a $120 million of fixed-rate revenue bonds selling by Hennepin County, Minnesota. The bonds were the second of the three financings that will raise the $350 million needed to finance the public share of the Minnesota Twins' new ballpark. The county held a retail order...
- Palm Beach County, Fla., OK's Spring Training Stadium Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;10/20/2015, p23
The article reports on up to 133 million dollars of revenue bonds that Palm Beach County, Florida will issue to finance a spring stadium for the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals baseball teams in 2015.
- D.C. Could Sell $349M For Ballpark. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on possible issuance of multimillion dollar in municipal bonds for building a ballpark in Washington D.C. Estimated price tag for building the ballpark; Imposition of various taxes to collect money for building the ballpark; Ratings assigned to the bonds.
- Ballpark financing no surprise to experts. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports the plans of city officials to borrow money to fund the Padres ballpark in San Diego, California. Need to obtain money as part of the memorandum of understanding negotiated between the city and Padres; Issuance of tax-exempt municipal bonds; Estimates of annual bond payments; Financial...
- Standoff continues over payments for Milwaukee stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p31
Reports that government officials of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, are opposing the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's call on the city to increase its financial support for the construction of a new ballpark. Board's rejection of the city's proposal; City government's rejection...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.