Attorneys: PILOT, Tribal Rulings Inconsistent
- Tampa, University Enter Into IRS Settlement. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p1
The article reports that Tampa government and the University of Tampa Inc. have entered into an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) settlement in Florida. The agreement deals on the protection of a tax-exempt status of 27 million dollars of Series 2002 revenue bonds. However, further information on...
- Treasury, IRS Ask for Comment on Tax Shelter Provision. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p4
The article reports on the uncertainty expressed by federal officials about a provision in the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act that imposes disclosure requirements on tax-exempt entities that enter into "prohibited tax shelter transaction." The Internal Revenue Service issued a...
- IRS rules you can love. Perkins, Lanny // Inside MS;Winter/Spring95, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Presents Internal Revenue Service tax exemptions on medical expenses. Includes medical equipment in excess of 7.5 percent of gross income; Certification of medical need for the purchase; Amount for tax-deduction; Reimbursement from insurance or employer; Auditing by IRS agents.
- The New Economics of Exempt Organizations. Bird, Bruce M.; Segal, Mark A. // CPA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p38
Provides information on the standards set by the United States Internal Revenue Service concerning tax-exempt status and unrelated business income tax (UBIT). Discussion on whether UBIT should be treated as taxable income or excludable royalty; Determination of advertising with sponsorship for...
- Substantial compliance with GST allocation. // Practical Accountant;Jul97, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on a ruling by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the compliance with procedural rules pertaining to generation-skipping tax emption. Where to find the rules; Implication of gift returns on tax exemption.
- IRS Takes No Action on Audits of Sewage Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p5
Reports the completion of audits of sewage bonds by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials. Determination on the issuance of sewage facilities from the tax-exempt private-activity bonds; Implications of the penalty on the problems of winning the case in court; Issues in the violation of...
- Power in the boardroom. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p24
Reports that a revised policy by the United States' Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will give physicians more governing power when forming tax-exempt integrated delivery systems with hospitals. Detailed information on the revised policy; Limitations of the guidelines since 1993; Comments from...
- CHAPTER 8: Apply for Your Federal 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;5/ 1/2011, p171
The article discusses the preparation of a Federal 501(c)(3) tax exemption application for nonprofit corporations in California. An overview of forms and publications needed for a tax exemption application is provided, along with measures for the completion of the applications. The author...
- TAX TRAPS FOR THE UNSUSPECTING. Scott, Marshall // Trustee;Mar2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p16
Discusses issues related to the United States Internal Revenue Service's proposed regulation on tax-exempt status abuses of tax-exempt charities. Guidelines to determine involvement in tax-exempt abuse; Benchmarks to consider; Definition of compensation transactions.