- Query. Ursus // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/15/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p440
The article discusses the author's experience in giving casual medical advice. He described the condition of his nephew according to the claims of his sister. He mentioned the lesson he learned about giving medical advice to friends and family members. The dilemma he faced after giving medical...
- Responses to Medical Studentsâ€™ Frequently Asked Questions About Family Medicine. KOZAKOWSKI, STANLEY M.; BECHER, KIMBERLY; HINKLE, TATE; BLACKWELDER, REID; KNIGHT JR., CLIFTON; BENTLEY, ASHLEY; PUGNO, PERRY A. // American Family Physician;2/1/2016, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p217A
This article provides answers to many of the common questions that medical students ask about the specialty of family medicine. It describes the crucial role that family physicians have in the evolving health care environment, the scope of practice, the diverse career opportunities available,...
- Rural medicine across the border: one medical student's perspective. Dolomount, Lindsay // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Fall2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p147
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being assigned in Twillingate, Canada and Latrobe, Pennsylvania for rural family medicine training and exposure.
- Family medicine crisis? Field attracts smallest-ever share of residency applicants. Sullivan, Patrick // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p881
Examines the crisis within the family medical care field. Percentage of medical students who choose family medicine as their first residency choice; Danielle Martin, a fourth-year student at the University of Western Ontario and why she chose the family medicine program; Reasons why students...
- A View from Cheyenne Mountain: Generation III's Perspective of Keystone III. Bliss, Erika; Cadwallader, Kara; Steyer, Terrence E.; Clements, Deborah S.; DeVoe, Jennifer E.; Fink, Kenneth; Khubesrian, Marina; Lyons, Paul; Steiner, Elizabeth; Weismiller, David // Annals of Family Medicine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p75
In October 2000 the family of family medicine convened the Keystone III conference at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Keystone III participants included members of Generation I (entered practice before 1970), Generation II (entered 1970- 1990), and Generation III (entered after 1990). They represented...
- HEALTH CARE HEROES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/14/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 20, pH008
The article focuses on the approach of doctor George E. Kikano to improve patient care. It states that Kikano has research and programs which create ways to offer better patient care at less expense as well as worked to encourage more students to take the family medicine profession. It says that...
- The Patient Centered Medical Home as Curricular Model: Perceived Impact of the 'Education-Centered Medical Home'. Henschen, Bruce; Garcia, Patricia; Jacobson, Berna; Ryan, Elizabeth; Woods, Donna; Wayne, Diane; Evans, Daniel // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Aug2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1105
Background: The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model aims to provide patient-centered care, lower costs, and improve health outcomes. Medical students have not been meaningfully integrated in this model. Aim: To test the feasibility of a longitudinal clerkship based on PCMH principles and...
- President's message. Alea iacta est. Wootton, John // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Spring2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p45
No abstract available.
- BSFHC celebrates 35 years. INNISS, EULENE // New York Amsterdam News;4/18/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p9
The article offers information on the celebration of the completion of 35 years by Bedford Stuyvesant Family Health Center (BSFHC) in New York in 2013.