Patent nonsense: Evidence tells of an industry out of social control
- Matchmaking in the Realm of Patents: A Call for the Marriage of Patent Theory and Claim Construction Procedure. // Texas Law Review;Apr2001, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p1257
Examines the procedures surrounding the interpretation of patents in light of the theoretical foundations of the patent system in the United States. Overview of the patent system; Basic procedures for interpreting patents; Conclusion.
- Keeping the Cost of Patents Down. Carte, Norman // Orange County Business Journal;9/17/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 38, pA-36
Presents advice on patent applications in the United States. Provisional patent application; Defining aspects of an invention; Preparing and filing patent applications; Cost control.
- Palm patent. // PC Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p36
Notes the award of United States Patent Number 6,000,000 to Palm Computing for its HotSync technology. Growth of the Palm operating system (OS) for handheld computers; The assertion that the Palm is a symbol of innovation.
- Pharmaceutical Patent Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/06/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 10, p19
Presents updates on pharmaceutical patents in the United States as of March 2000. Patent approval received by Active Biotech AB for chemical substances containing candidate drugs against autoimmune diseases; Issuance of patent to Ambi Inc. for the use of lysostaphin to treat staphylococcal...
- The Trouble With Internet Patents. Gurley, J. William // Fortune;7/19/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p118
Discusses the patentability of Internet business models. The ability to patent a process; Differentiation between processes and ideas; The historical spirit of patent laws, and the problem with patents granted for broadly defined Internet business models; Enforceability; United States Patent...
- CHAPTER 16: Ownership, Assignment, and Licensing of Inventions. Pressman, David // Patent it Yourself;2012, p451
The article outlines some of the ways to deal with various invention ownership questions and common agreements that are used in the process of invention ownership, licensing, and transfer in the U.S. It explores the property nature of patents, suggesting to distinguish between inventorship and...
- Patent News. // Rubber World;Aug2014, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p16
The article offers brief information on several U.S. patents issued within the tire industry as of August 2014. A patent was issued for a pneumatic tire with tread that have wave shaped cirmcumferential groove to Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. Patrick Bervas and colleagues' invented tire with tread...
- EVOLVING PATENT LAW IN THE NEW AGE OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE. Blackburn, Robert // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p87
Explores the use of the patent system in biomedical technologies in the U.S.. Difference between biotechnology and traditional pharmaceutical chemistry; Impact of biotechnology on pharmaceutical science; Scope of patents granted for biomedical technologies.
- JUSTIFIED MONOPOLIES: REGULATING PHARMACEUTICALS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Epstein, Richard A. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall2005, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p103
Discusses the basic logic of the term justified monopoly and how it applies to the pharmaceutical and telecommunications industries in the U.S. Explanation as to why monopolies should be regarded as wrongful; Rationale for the argument that a monopoly can be justified when the consequences of...