- Austin Delays Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p29
The article reports on the delay in the planned bond referendum of the Austin City Council in Austin, Texas. The bond proceeds are slated to fund facilities, drainage, transportation, open space, a new library, and affordable housing. Officials have tried to hammer out a final bond package based...
- Voters reject garage repair bond issue. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;11/14/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 46, pA1
The article reports that voters in Saint Charles, Missouri gave their approval on two bond issues aimed at building public works and safety facilities on the November 6, 2012 ballot but rejected a third bond issue. The rejected bond issue involved the proposed renovation of the City Hall parking...
- Dallas City Council approves study of highway project to aid traffic flow. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30228, p31
Reports on the Dallas City Council's approval of a transportation study of a highway project aimed at improving traffic flow in the city. Plans to construct a $394 million, 10-mile reliever route, called the Trinity Parkway; Parkway as part of efforts to revitalize the Trinity River Area.
- Dallas Council Approves Up to $25.5M for Cotton Bowl Upgrade. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33696, p3
The article reports on the move of the Dallas City Council in Texas to approve up to 25.5 million dollars of tax and revenue certificates of obligation to finance Cotton Bowl stadium improvements in Fair Park.
- After 4 years of negotiations, Dallas reaches arena deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p29
Reports on the final stages of negotiations by the Dallas City Council for the construction of an arena for the Dallas Mavericks basketball team. Value of the project; Offering of public funds to finance the arena's construction; Involvement of the team's officials in the process; Comments from...
- Miller time. Hollandsworth, Skip; Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;May98, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p22
Reports on Texas journalist and political hopeful, Laura Miller's bid for a vacant seat on Dallas' city council. Comments on her image and penchant for designer clothing; Her criticism of other Dallas elected officials; Reaction of Miller's husband, who is also a city official; Worries of...
- DALLAS CITY COUNCIL PASSES ONEROUS DRILLING RESTRICTIONS. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/19/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the rules imposed by the Dallas City Council which establish a 1,500-foot drilling setback requirement from all homes, business and churches in Texas.
- Dallas implements fee on plastic bags for retailers, consumers. Putrich, Gayle S. // Plastics News;4/28/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p0013
The article discusses laws concerning plastic bags in Dallas, Texas, reporting that a March 26, 2014 City Council vote has approved a partial ban on plastic bags that will implement a fee against customers who do not bring reusable bags to some retailers.
- Dallas Public Library director named Municipal Court Coordinator. // Library Journal;7/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p1306
Reports on the naming, by the Dallas City Council in Texas, of Dallas Public Library director Lillian M. Bradshaw as Special Municipal Court Coordinator. Responsibilities of Bradshaw; Librarians as public administrators. ..OAKS-7/1/83