Fayetteville's 4 Questions
- Chicago Advancing Up To $3 Billion of Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34382, p1
Chicago plans as much as $3 billion of airport, wastewater revenue, and general obligation borrowing -- mostly for refunding and restructuring purposes -- that officials say can't wait on an improved market climate for city debt.
- Santa Fe, N.M., Readies $51M Water System Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p3
The article reports on the sale of $50.5 million of Series 2006D water bonds by Santa Fe, New Mexico. These bonds are supported by revenues from the water system and city sales tax aimed at water system improvements. Proceeds from the sale will be used to refund maturities from debt incurred by...
- Soccer Complex Plan Still Kicking. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p1
The article reports on the extension of existing sales tax for revenue bonds as part of the financing for the development of a soccer stadium and an office complex in 2009 in Wyandotte County, Kansas. Unified Government of Wyandotte County commissioners in Kansas City, Kansas endorsed a proposal...
- Sales Tax Extention Sought in Kansas City, Kan., for Complex. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p7
The article reports on the review of a legislation that authorizes the STAR bond program to find out if the Village West project continues as an original plan or goes for a new plan in 2009 in Kansas City, Kansas. It notes that a proposal from Lane4 Group indicates that the project will be...
- Chicago Affirmed by Fitch. // Bondbuyer.com;7/6/2015, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has assigned a BBB-plus rating Chicago, Ill.'s $389.6 million general obligation bonds series 2015A and $689.6 million GO bonds taxable series 2015B.
- Healdsburg, Calif., Wastewater Revs Upgraded to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34315, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it has raised its rating on Healdsburg Public Financing Authority, Calif.'s wastewater revenue debt issued for Healdsburg to AA from AA-minus.
- Mayor, Council Members Close on Deal To Fix Budget With Bevy of New Taxes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p5
Reports the plans of the council members and city mayor to impose an increase for income and sales tax rates in Washington D.C. Creation of budget-balancing plan; Suitability of proposed tax rates on outstanding out-of-state municipal bonds; Provision of temporary surcharge on cigarette taxes.
- Sales tax to back $25 million of bonds for McAllen, Tex. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p28
Announces the plan of McAllen, Texas to issue its first series of sales tax-backed bonds at a pricing scheduled for March 5, 1998. Background on the $25 million of Series 1998 bonds; Revenues projected from the tax; Impetus for the bond issue; Plans for the bond sale's proceeds.
- Muni Issuance sets July Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p1
Reports that the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has set a record with the largest amount of debt ever sold in July, as of August 1, 2003. Increase of 6.5 percent in the amount of debt sold over the previous July record; Growth of 36.7 percent in deals refunding outstanding bonds...