CDFA to Ask Congress to Expand IDB Manufacturing Definition
- House votes 'for' patent reform, but Senate seems in less hurry. McCarty, Mark // Diagnostics & Imaging Week;9/13/2007, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses issues regarding the passage of the Patent Reform Act of 2007 by the U.S. Congress. Commenting on the issue, Christopher White, the general counsel for the Advanced Medical Technology Association, stated that the narrow margin of victory demonstrates the significant...
- House OKs Patent Reform; BIO Vows Senate Fight. // Bioworld Week;9/17/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p2
The article reports that the biotechnology industry and the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. have opposed the approved changes to the patent system by the U.S. House of Representatives. The changes were reportedly aimed at reducing the amount of infringement lawsuits. Biotechnology Industry...
- BIO's Been Busy. // BioPharm International;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p10
Reports the activities of the Biotechnology Industry Organization. Details on the testing requirements for generic biologics; Argument on the regulatory process of parent drugs; Emphasis on countering bioterrorism and on methods of protecting public health and safety.
- A Home-Grown Industry Encourages Clustering. Kercheval, Howard // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the clustering of biotechnology and biomedicine companies in the Rio Grande Corridor in Albuquerque and Sante Fe in New Mexico. Role of the New Mexico Biotechnology and Biomedical Association in the growth of the industry; Reasons behind the decisions of companies to locate their...
- NEOSA launching student chapter at John Carroll. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p11
Announces that the Northeast Ohio Software Association will launch a student chapter at John Carroll University in 2002.
- State study addresses software growth strategies. Irwin // Inside Tucson Business;09/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p15
Presents information about the software industry in Arizona taken from a study by the Governor's Strategic Partnership for Economic Development. Profile of the extent, size and needs of the industry; Recommendations; Number of people employed in information technology companies statewide.
- SACIA analyzes industry workforce needs. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the Southwestern Area Commerce & Industry Association's (SACIA) completion of a study of the workforce needs of the software industry in southwestern Connecticut on behalf of the South Western Economic Development Alliance. Features of the study; Goals; Contact information.
- Programmed for success. Clark, Joseph // BusinessWest;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p35
Reports on the computer software industry in Pioneer Valley, Massachusetts which is poised to become a force in the region's economy. Founding of the Western Massachusetts Software Association; Factors that allowed area software companies to prosper.
- The NAACP & Congress. Petrosino, Frankie J. // New Crisis (15591603);Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p59
Focuses on the third legislative report card for the 107th U.S. Congress released by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) at its 93rd national convention in Houston, Texas in 2002. Individual members of the Congress whose performances offered good news for the...