Santa Fe, N.M., Readies $51M Water System Deal
- Sales Tax Extention Sought in Kansas City, Kan., for Complex. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p7
The article reports on the review of a legislation that authorizes the STAR bond program to find out if the Village West project continues as an original plan or goes for a new plan in 2009 in Kansas City, Kansas. It notes that a proposal from Lane4 Group indicates that the project will be...
- Fayetteville's 4 Questions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p33
The article focuses on the report unveiled by Fayetteville, Arkansas officials that will educate residents about a sales tax bond election. A new quarter-cent sales tax and the extension of an existing three-quarter-cent sales tax for approximately five years are included in the sales tax...
- McAlester, Okla., Looks for New Revenue After $1M Shortfall. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32229, p4
Reports on the extra revenues sought by McAlester, Oklahoma to meet its scheduled bond debt payment. Impact of the city's overly optimistic expectations for sales tax revenue on the recent financial performance experienced; Effort made to transfer economic development bond proceeds tot he city's...
- Soccer Complex Plan Still Kicking. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p1
The article reports on the extension of existing sales tax for revenue bonds as part of the financing for the development of a soccer stadium and an office complex in 2009 in Wyandotte County, Kansas. Unified Government of Wyandotte County commissioners in Kansas City, Kansas endorsed a proposal...
- Chicago Affirmed by Fitch. // Bondbuyer.com;7/6/2015, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has assigned a BBB-plus rating Chicago, Ill.'s $389.6 million general obligation bonds series 2015A and $689.6 million GO bonds taxable series 2015B.
- Tulsa Finds Leftover Funds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32996, p9
The article reports that Tulsa budget director Pat Connelly has announced that the city has $135.2 million in unspent bond proceeds and dedicated sales tax revenues from 1991 in Oklahoma. According to the author, the total unspent bond includes $133 million of appropriated but unspent funds and...
- Moody's: Stockton Closer to Bankruptcy Exit. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article informs that according to the company Moody's Investors Service, Stockton's, California, as of November 2013 approved sales tax increase is a credit positive because the additional revenue increases the chance that its reorganization will be approved by the bankruptcy court....
- East Baton Rouge Parish Council Nixes Bond Plan, Again. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/15/2015, p1
The East Baton Rouge Parish, La., City Council decided not to hold a referendum in May on whether to issue $335.6 million in bonds for public safety improvements.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34122, p1
The article lists competitive sales of Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes, Sales Tax Revenue Bonds, General Obligation School Building Bonds and Refunding Revenue Bonds in several U.S. states including California, Georgia, Illinois and Kansas, as of June 2014.