Prices Flat Ahead of Fed Meeting; Pause in Hikes Expected
- Munis Climb Despite Heavy New-Issue Supply. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p2
The article reports that municipal bond prices rose on December 14, 2005 in the United States. It says that despite heavy new-issue supply, the market responded to a relief rally in Treasuries, which was followed by a recent decision by the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee to raise the federal...
- Munis Unchanged as FOMC Cuts Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended March 18, 2008. At the end of the week, the municipal market changed to slightly weaker, as the federal fund rate was lowered 75 basis points to 2.25% by the Federal Open Market...
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec97, p2
Reports that the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) left the federal funds rate target unchanged at 5.5%. Implied yields on federal funds; Goal of monetary policy; Federal's definition of money.
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);May98, p2
Reports on the United States' monetary policy. Details on the increased growth in the monetary aggregates; Growth in the real gross domestic product; Reference to the Federal Open Market Committee; Details on the federal funds futures market.
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov99, p2
Reports on developments related to the United States' monetary policy as of November 1999. US Federal Open Market Committee's retention of federal fund rates; Rise in interest rates; Increase in monetary aggregates.
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p4
Highlights the indicators of the U.S. monetary policy as of January 1, 2002. Lowered target federal funds rate; Implied yields on federal funds futures contracts; Inflation targets; Bias in U.S. Federal Open Market Committee statements.
- Anticipations of Monetary Policy in Financial Markets. Lange, Joe; Sack, Brian; Whitesell, William // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Dec2003 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p889
In recent years, financial markets appear better able to anticipate Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) policy changes. Beginning in the late 1980s and early 1990s, longer-term interest rates and futures rates have tended to incorporate movements in the federal funds rate several months in ...
- Five -- and counting. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/27/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p9
Discusses the tightening of monetary policy by the U.S. Federal Reserve's Open Market Committee on December 14, 2004. Views on the action made by the Federal Reserve; Factors affecting the tightening of monetary policy; Objective of the Federal Reserve regarding federal funds rate.
- FOMC Bumps Funds Rate 25 Bps to 3.25%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decision of the Federal Open Market Committee of the U.S. Federal Reserve System to raise the federal funds rate. Claim of the committee of a possible quarter-point increases in the federal funds rate; Citation of the committee on the pressures on inflation; Assurance of the...