Southwest First-Half Issuance Drops 18.6%
- Borrowing May Return to D.C.'S School Modernization Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p4
The article reports on the opinion of analysts that the District of Columbia will have to issue bonds it if plans to proceed with the one-billion-dollar school modernization projects over a decade. This is after last week's revenue projections for city proved disappointing. The latest revenue...
- Texas Localities to Vote on Nearly $5B of Debt on Saturday. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p33
The article reports on the issues concerning the developments that took place on the local government bond elections in Texas. According to the report, the voters across the states have weighed in on local government bonds elections worth of nearly $5 billion, including the third largest school...
- Big N.Y.C. Offerings On Tap. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p1
The article reports on two bond deals in New York City which will total 1.26 billion of taxable and tax-exempt debt when completed. It is noted that the city government will be bringing 900 million dollars of general obligation bonds. Furthermore, 360 million dollars of tax-exempt refunding...
- New York City Leads Primary With $900 Million Sale. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p7
The article reports on general obligation offerings in 2010 in the U.S. in which New York City was leading with 900 million dollars offering. According to Thomson Reuters, a revised 7.58 billion dollars new competitive and negotiated volume was priced in March 2010. These offerings included San...
- Report: State and Local Issuance Doubled Between '96 and '02. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p5
Reports that annual tax-exempt governmental bond issuance has almost doubled between the year 1996 and 2002 in the U.S. Cause of the increase of annual private-activity bond issuance; Use of governmental bonds to finance public projects; Assessment of types of private activities qualifying for...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, June 8. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Presents a table depicting data on government securities traded in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Prices of government securities; Performance of the municipal bond index; Total amount of municipal bonds.
- Loosening the Usury Cap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/5/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33108, p1
The article reports on the impact of the provision in Arkansas on its debt sales. It notes that the state's ability to issue debt has been curtailed due to a provision in the state constitution that limits the interest on local capital improvement bonds. Crews & Associates Inc. senior managing...
- This bond issue makes economic sense. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p28
Comments on the decision of Salt Lake City, Utah officials to include in its ballot a vote on several municipal bonds on November 4, 2003. Reason behind the move; Bonds included in the ballot; Suggestion made concerning the bond proposals.