- Municipals Rise 1/4 to 3/8 Points; Primary Market Remains Strong. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p2
Reports the marketing performance of municipal bonds in the United States. Impact of the Treasury rally on monetary policy on the municipal market; Ignorance of investors on higher consumer prices and housing starts; Expectation of an increase in municipal bond demand.
- First-Quarter Muni Inflows Outstrip Year-Ago Period. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p33
The article reports on the flow of municipal bond mutual funds in March 2006 which wrapped up in the first quarter of 2006. According to Dan Loughran of OppenheimerFunds Inc., several investors feared in rising long-term interest rates but with the U. S. Federal Reserve Board's monetary policy...
- Munis Heavy Amid Treasury Volatility; Secondary Seen as Light to Moderate. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p2
Compares the municipal bonds to volatile price action in the government market in New York City. Speculations on bonds and equities; Application of secondary selling during periods of government market losses to discourage decisive trading; Cause of government market volatility and potential...
- N.Y. Thruway Retail Orders Reach $214 Million as Muni Prices Rise. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p2
Reports the increase in the price of municipal bonds in New Yor, New York. Actions taken by traders to meet demand from investors; Status of bond yields; Total amount of retail orders received by the New York State Thruway Authority Bonds.
- How much disclosure do municipal bond investors really want? Beerman, Albert L. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p66
Deals with the results of a survey on the concerns of municipal bond investors. Importance of footnote disclosure; Views on pension liability; Complaints against detailed information.
- Inflows Perk Up a Bit, But Buyers Cut Back on Short Term. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/3/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33309, p7
The article reports on the move of the investors to continue to cash out a short-term funds despite the decrease of the flowing money into the municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Stock market rebound renders demand for munis... Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p8
Reports that many Midwest retail investors may decide to spend their profits on municipals, if they see repeated volatility in equities. How Arthur Sanders, assistant vice president of municipal trading at Huntington Capital Corp., described retail demand; Difficulties of selling bonds.
- It's turkey week, but high-quality state names are finding buyers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/25/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30280, p10
Reports that investors are purchasing municipal bonds in the Southwestern United States during Thanksgiving week in November 1997. University of Colorado Hospital Authority revenue bonds in the secondary market; Par pricing; Name recognition with individual investors; Offering from the Colorado...
- California Helps Puerto Rico Tobacco Bond Prices Stay Firm. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p7
Reports on the purchase of the Puerto Rico Children's Trust Fund issue by investors in California. Rate of return; Attractiveness of the tobacco issue due to its triple-exempt nature; Net value of the tobacco issue.