Nassau Health's New Rx
- Pataki Moves To Cut $1.6B In Borrowing. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p1
Reports on the decision of New York Governor George Pataki to veto the $1.6 billion in borrowing and $235 million in spending that the state legislature has added or altered from his proposed fiscal 2005 budget. Calculation of the expenditures incurred in a year; Statement of the governor...
- N.Y.'s Pataki Floats 2006 Budget Plan. Cataldo, Adam L.; Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's proposed budget for fiscal 2006. Terms under the proposed budget; Total budget deficit of the state; Total amount requested by the state government in aid to local schools.
- Pataki Set to Outline Budget Plan as $1.5B of Debt Waits in Wings. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p3
Reports on New York Governor, George E. Pataki's proposed strategy for confronting budget crises during the first quarter of 2003. Budget deficit faced by New York in its expenditure plan; Forecasts regarding the state's credit market; Components of Pataki's budget-balancing plans; Details of...
- NY Legislature will have to raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/7/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p35A
Comments on the taxation in New York. Opposition of Governor George Pataki for taxes; Deficits in the state; Possibility of a tax increase in the state.
- Pataki's Budget: Killing Hope and Opportunity. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;2/13/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the budget of New York governor George E. Pataki to close a 12 billion budget deficit over the next 14 months as of February 13, 2003. Reduction in health care and education funding; Increase in tuition fees at state colleges and transport fares; Proposed measures to be taken by...
- Say Pataki budget cuts dangerously discriminate. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p3
Reports that in New York City, African-American and Hispanic lawmakers called an emergency summit for constituents there, pertaining to Governor George Pataki's budget cuts. Topics discussed; Briefing of Pataki's contingency budget plan; Deputy Assembly Speaker Arthur O. Eve's view of the...
- Fighting Back. Scarpa, Steve // District Administration;Jul2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the amount of state budget for school aid in the U.S. Proposed budget for pre-kindergarten program; Reduction of school tax increases; Maintenance of threatened educational programs; Number of children participating in the pre-kindergarten program; Governor George Pataki's proposed...
- Pataki proposes a budget to cover the consequences of 9-11. Stashenko, Joel // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p7
Focuses on the proposed budget of New York Governor George Pataki. Proposal to not increase state aid to education; Reservations expressed by Democrats and Republicans on the proposals; Request of Pataki to increase the salaries of health care workers.
- Pataki Unveils $99.8B Fiscal 2005 Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p1
Focuses on the fiscal 2005 budget of New York governor George E. Pataki. Capital plan; Budget for the construction of public colleges; Aim to close a projected budget deficit.