High Water Women Tackle Microfinance
- Insurers Paving the Way for Widespread Microinsurance. Low, May // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2007, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p94
Information on the topics discussed during the first Asian Conference on Microinsurance that was held in Manila, Philippines is presented. Speakers at the conference shared philosophical and practical insights on how to protect the world's poor individuals. They also emphasized that microfinance...
- Connections Track [CO]. // TechDecisions;Jul2006, Vol. 8 Issue 7, Special section p7
Highlights a summary of topics discussed at the 2006 ISOTech insurance technology conference for information technology insurers. Interpretation and use of accident-related data; Leveraging technology investments; Utilization of tools to measure insurance agent performance.
- Microfinance Funds Get FX Hedging Help. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the development of the Cygma Fund that will act as the counterparty to microfinance funds in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
- National Consumers League Urges Authorities In 4 States To Probe 'Dangerous' Insurer 'Leveraging' Practices. // Insurance Advocate;3/31/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the proposal of National Consumers League (NCL) to probe dangerous insurer leveraging practices in the U.S. Mechanics of the leveraging; Effect of leveraging on consumers and businesses that purchase property and casualty insurance; NCL's mission.
- Strategic Relationship For Consumer Product Sales Entered By Reader's Digest, GE Financial. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p45
Reports the strategic relationship of the Reader's Digest Association Inc. with GE Financial's Partnership Marketing Group to market consumer insurance products in New York. Expansion of the affinities on growth strategy to leverage the brand; Accounts on the direct marketing expertise and...
- Drumming up collective wisdom in Korea. Min Yong // Asia Insurance Review;Apr2009, p34
Information about topics discussed at the 1st Seoul Rendezvous organized by Asia Insurance Review which was held on February 5-6, 2009 in Seoul, Korea is presented. It notes that the event, with the theme "Strategic Risk Management and Reinsurance Priorities in Korea," heightened its focus on...
- Thinking on One's Feet. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;10/17/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on the tactical asset allocation type funds that have provided a new direction for funds with the flexibility to go anywhere and have a closer look at the market trends. As stated, the Putnam Dynamic Allocation Fund uses leverage for balancing the portfolio risk across the...
- Performance Attribution for Portfolios that Trade Futures Contracts. Grégoire, Philippe; Hennard, Yves // Journal of Performance Measurement;Spring2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p35
In this article, we propose an attribution model for a leveraged or hedged portfolio that is in line with Brinson et al. The model takes into account the effect of futures in allocation, displays a selection effect that is due solely to securities and not futures, measures the leverage effect,...
- Calendar. // Fedgazette;Apr2013 Community Dividend, p8
A calendar of events for various U.S. states in 2013 is presented including "Scaling Up Microfinance" webinars which will be held on various dates from April to October, the Eighth Biennial Federal Reserve Community Development Research Conference to be held in Washington, D.C. from April 11-12,...