I-917 Petition Recount
- Oregon Voluntary VMT Bill Heads to Governor after Passage by Legislature. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;07/12/2013, p4
The article reports on the passage of a bill in Oregon that would open to the public a voluntary mileage-based user fee system in lieu of a state fuel excise tax.
- The airline excise tax: The pros and cons. Edleson, Harriet // Travel Agent;10/28/96, Vol. 283 Issue 11, p137
Focuses on the proposed user fee system by the seven major United States carriers replacing the ten percent ticket tax in funding the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Formation of the Coalition for Fair FAA Funding aiming to persuade Washington decision makers to approved the user-fee...
- TAXING ISSUE SOON WILL HIT BALLOT. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/24/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p0020
The article reports on the ballot in the Cuyahoga County, Ohio on November 6, 2014 wherein voters will be asked whether to pay or not the so-called sin tax on smoking and drinking for another 20 years.
- Parkersburg Recall Group, City Spar Over Petition Deadline. Harris, Linda // State Journal (WV);2/25/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the controversy surrounding the merits of a 2.50 U.S. dollars-a-week user fee in 2011 in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
- How did proposals get on ballot? // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Oct2012, Vol. 316 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses the procedure of filing petition for state approval of the ballot.
- Recreation Fees: Demonstration Program Successful in Raising Revenues but Could Be Improved: T-RCED-99-77. Hill, Barry T. // GAO Reports;2/4/1999, p1
The recreational fee demonstration program has provided hundreds of millions of dollars to improve visitor services and address a backlog of unmet needs. At the same time, those who pay the fees generally support the program, and it has not harmed visitation rates. This testimony focuses on...
- Verizon stops charging for LNP, Sprint cuts price. // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to eliminate local number portability (LNP)-related monthly charges for its customers, as of November 2004. Reason for the decision; Purpose of the charges implemented by the company; Total amount of LNP-related revenue generated by the firm.
- New York Lawmakers, Governor Agree on Congestion-Pricing Compromise. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p39
The article reports that the New York State Senate, Assembly and governor have reached an agreement on a congestion-pricing plan for New York City. The lawmakers are hoping that the plan would keep the city in the running for a share of $1.1 billion of federal funding. The article reports on the...
- Report Points Out Ways to Fund N.Y., N.J. Transportation. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p3
Reports that New York and New Jersey can adequately fund their transportation systems through several ways, according to the Citizens' Budget Commission. Use of vehicle user fees to pay for roads and bridges; Launch of greater motor vehicle revenue subsidies to mass transit; Increase in mass...