Prison Fix's Price Tag
- California Legislature Ends Session Without Action on Prison Bill. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p3
No abstract available.
- ANATOMY OF A PRISON. Domanick, Joe // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p108
The author relates his experience of visiting the California State Prison in Los Angeles County and describes the conditions of prisoners in such facility. He says that over 4,500 people are held in the prison as of 2009 but its capacity is only for 2,200 inmates when it was built in 1993. He...
- Calif. Gov. Unveils Plan For Prisons. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p1
The article provides information on proposed expansion of the prison system in California. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California, wants the state lawmakers to approve an expansion plan which calls for issuance of $8.7 billion of lease-revenue bonds. According to the administration, jails...
- New Plans for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the plans of Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzeneger in his first 100 days in office in San Francisco, California. Administration for the rebuild of economy; Indication for the audit of the state budget; Provision of report to the governor-elect.
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- Schwarzenegger's Cuts. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p1
Reports on the approval of the state budget by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Reduction of the funding for the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority; Insignificance of the authority in a state government structure; Elimination of the agency to streamline...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p59
Comments on several Propositions in California and their impact on the public finance policies of state Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Defeat of Proposition 56 and its effect on Schwarzenegger's efforts to close a projected 2004-05 budget deficit; Victories on Propositions 57 and 58...
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...
- No miracles in Sacramento. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/9/2004, Issue 323189, p22
Presents an editorial on the economic developments in California. Budget plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Increase in projected state revenues; Significance of fiscal accountability.