Washington's Sound Transit Seeks Public Feedback on Big Bonding Plan
- Cook County, Ill., Board Faces Deadline to Pass $3B Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p32
Reports that Cook County, Illinois Board of Commissioners will be under pressure to work out their differences to reconsider a proposed fiscal 2004 budget. Plans of Cook to issue new-money bonds; Issuance of the bonds to pay for projects that the board has already approved; Proposal of Board...
- CALIFORNIA: Orange Tollway's Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p9
The article reports on the affirmation of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on its underlying ratings for revenue bonds of two toll roads in Orange County, California on May 24, 2007. It asserted the underlying Ba2 rating and negative outlook for the $1.97 billion of San Joaquin Hills...
- FAR WEST BOND-WATCH. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p39
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of February 2004. General obligation bond issues presented by the Anchorage school district to voters in Alaska; Proposal to settle the fiscal problem in California; Proposed budget plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California;...
- December 5 deadline for bond proposal. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/28/2003, Issue 323171, p22
Comments on the state of California's plan to issue a bond aimed at addressing the state budget deficit. Goal of presenting the proposal to the people in a ballot initiative; Details of the budget deficit; Structure of the bond.
- Bond-funded portion of Oklahoma DOT plan still in the cards. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p5
Reports on Oklahoma legislators' consensus that a pending bond issue will go ahead as planned, although some believe that the state's budget may not be able to allow full funding of the Department of Transportation's highway plan. Viability of the bond-funded portion of the $1 billion project;...
- Puerto Rico Readies $1.4B Sales Tax Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33254, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Sales Tax Financing Corp. to sell 1.4 billion dollars of subordinate sales-tax bonds. The bond is intended to finance the commonwealth's stabilization fund and help balance the fiscal 2010 budget. Two days of retail pricing with institutional...
- Munis Weaker; Secondary Activity Light. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p2
The article offers updates related to the municipal market in the U.S. The treasury market showed some losses wherein the yield on the benchmark 10-year note opened at 3.60%. Municipal Market Data triple-A scale has yielded 3.00% in 10 years and 3.76% in 20 years. The Ipreo LLC reveals that...
- Atlanta GOs on Hold. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Reports that the Atlanta, Georgia, City Council has postponed taking action on the city's planned sale of general obligation bonds which will be used to cover capital needs. Options considered by the city in selling the bonds.
- N.Y.C. to Sell $525 Million of General Obligation Bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p36
Reports on New York City's plan to issue general obligation bonds in September and October 2000. City's plan to sell fixed-rate tax-exempt, variable-rate tax-exempt and taxable new money bonds; Sale of a small amount of refunding bonds in September.