Horry County, S.C., School Raised to AA-Minus by S&P
- S&P Puts Embattled Colorado District on CreditWatch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p5
Reports that the Saint Vrain Valley School District RE-1J near Denver, Colorado, was placed on CreditWatch as of November 19, 2002 by ratings company Standard & Poor's Corp. Factor contributing to the move by Standard & Poor's; Downgradation of the district by ratings company Moody's Investor...
- Central Unified School District Receives 'A' Credit Rating. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p9
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s issuance of an `A' credit rating to Central Unified School District in Fresno, California. Growth rate of student enrollment in the district; Growth of the district's tax base; Estimated fiscal 1998 ending general fund balance.
- Citing Big Deficit, S&P Lowers Rating For 'Utopian' Texas School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31122, p4
Reports the reduction of the rating on the outstanding general obligation debt of the Independent School District by Standard & Poor's in Dallas, Texas. Reason for the reduction of the credit rating; Measures of implemented by the school administration to reduce expenditures; Reorganization of...
- Rating agencies weigh in on New Hampshire's education financing woes. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30770, p4
Reports on Standard & Poor's defense of its decision not to act on the education financing crisis in New Hampshire. Cautiousness by agency before taking any ratings action; Possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service of certain municipalities; Reliance by New England on local property taxes.
- IOWA: School District Lowered. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33121, p7
The article reports on the rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Linn-Mar Community School District's infrastructure sales, service and use tax revenue bonds in Iowa. The rating agency downgraded the rating from AA to A-plus, indicating that debt service coverage ratios will decline once...
- Schools' Poor Showing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p43
Reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgrade the general obligation rating of the Minneapolis Public Schools. Outstanding debt of the school district; Inability of the state to regain structural balance in its budget; Efforts to control spending and regain financial stability.
- S&P Boosts Colo.'s St. Vrain Schools 2 Notches for Fiscal Recovery. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p36
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. raised the credit rating of the St. Vrain Valley School District RE-1J two notches to A-minus from BBB in Colorado. According to the agency, the reason for the upgrade is the management's successful implementation of a financial recovery plan that...
- S&P Rates Selma Unified School District, CA G.O. Bonds 'A-'. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/12/98, Issue 322367, p15
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has assigned single-`A'-minus rating to Selma Unified School District in California's general obligation refunding bonds. Implications of the rating; Growth of the district's assessed value; Overall net debt burden; Unreserved general fund balance in 1997.
- Floresville ISD, Tex., Raised to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p2
The article reports on the credit rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation debt of Independent School District of Floresville, Texas. Standard & Poor's had raised the school district's general obligation debt to A from BBB-plus seeing that the outlook is stable. They...