Mass. Legislators Weigh Special Session for '07 Bond Bill
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p6
Reports on developments concerning legislative bills on municipal bonds, and state and local finance in the United States as of July 14, 2000. District of Colombia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Financial Services Act of 1999; Low-Income Housing Tax Credit...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p6
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2001; First-Time Home Ownership Made Easy Act of 2001; Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Revenue Bond Financing.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p33
Reports on the status of various U.S. legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and public finance as of October 12, 2004. Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003; Jumpstart Our Business Strength Act and American Jobs Creation Act of 2004; Energy Tax...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p28
The article provides updates on the status of several proposed legislation in the U.S., including HR 1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, HR 537 Water and Sewer Bonds, and HR 727 Indian School Construction Act. HR 1 was approved and signed into law on February 16, 2009 to ease tax...
- New Community-Renewal Bill May Be Stripped for Parts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p5
Reports on United States Senate Finance Committee Chairman William V. Roth's introduction of a modified community-renewal bill on the Senate floor. Addition of provision that would protect public power bonds from losing their tax-exempt status; Bond provisions included in the modified bill.
- Mississippi Lawmakers Weighing Controversial $297M Bond Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p3
Reports that Mississippi House members have started debating a bond bill that earmarks $109 million for economic projects sought by the governor and the rest for universities and community colleges. Aspects of the House Bill 3 passed by the Ways and Means Committee; Issue of whether the bill is...
- Bill giving GO ability to Virgin Islands waits for Clinton nod. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p5
Reports on the submission of a legislation that would save the Virgin Islands up to five million dollars on its planned $100 million financing to President Bill Clinton for his signature after the United States Senate gave it final congressional approval in October 1999. Provision of the bill...
- California's `super' bond election day. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that California voters will decide the fate of state and local bonds in a high-stakes election. Impact of the outcome on the state's oldest bond law, the voter threshold for school debt; Predictions that the Republican Party will have the greatest impact on the bond measures.
- Connecticut Bond Package Expected to Pass Legislative Houses. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p29
The article reports that the General Assembly passed the $3.1 billion general obligation biennial bond package, SB 1501, in Connecticut. The state's Senate began debating the bill on September 20, 2007, and the House was expected to debate it later on the same day. According to the report, the...