FGIC Corp. Announces $62.4 Million In 2Q Net Income Despite Slowdown
- FGIC Reports 42% Jump in Second-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31458, p4
Reports the net income of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. for the second quarter in the U.S. Percentage of the income increase; Debt rating of the company; Adjusted gross premiums of the company.
- FGIC Posts Slight Increase Amid Reports of Possible Sale. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p6
Reports on an increase in net income of New York-based bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC), a subsidiary of General Electric Capital Corp. for the fiscal year 2002. Possible plans of GE Capital regarding the sale of FGIC; Financial statements of FGIC.
- FGIC Fills New Post For Internal Auditor. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p6
The article reports that FGIC Corp., the parent company of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., has created a new internal position for an auditor and has hired Felix Vargas in that capacity to oversee the triple-A bond insurer's internal audit function. Vargas has over 13 years of accounting and...
- MBIA to Reinsure $184B of FGIC's Book. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p1
The article reports that MBIA Inc. will reinsure $184 billion of the public finance book of the Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp. (FGIC) in the U.S. The move is said to provide a boost to municipal bond holders and to the statutory capital position of FGIC. In exchange for taking on a majority...
- New-issue drought eases in some areas; Atlanta scores at home. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p6
Reports on developments related to municipal bonds in the United States as of April 8, 1999. Water and sewer revenue bond issue arranged by J.C. Bradford and Co. for the city of Atlanta, Georgia; Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. as insurer of the bond issue; Municipal bonds issued by the...
- FGIC takes the road less traveled and sticks with low-risk insurance. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p1
Reports that Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. has instituted a policy of insuring the lowest-risk portion of the municipal bond market in the United States. Goal to maintain a 20 percent share of the municipal bond insurance market; Insurance of general obligation and water and sewer bonds;...
- Fresno to Sell $161M of Sewer Bonds, Exit VRDO Market. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32912, p3
The article reports on the plans of Fresno government to sell $161.2 million of sewer revenue bonds to get out of the variable-rate debt out (VRDO) market in California. California is recognized as the sixth-largest city that in need to refund its variable-rate demand obligations from the...
- ACA and FGIC Report First-Quarter Net Income Numbers. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p33
No abstract available.
- Guarantor FGIC Marks Big Gains, But ACA Financial's Losses Continue. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p3
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) and net loss for ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. during the third quarter of 2001 in the U.S. Percentage increase in net income registered by FGIC; Total amount in net premium written by FGIC for the...