Florida Rail Plan Gets Rolling
- CSX Reaches Compromise on Commuter Rail Liability. // U.S. Rail News;10/7/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the preliminary agreement reached between CSX Transportation Inc. and Massachusetts to expand the rail service between Boston and Worcester. It mentions that the state has agreed to pay about 100 million dollars for tracks and a rail yard from the company at the same time...
- market. // Railway Age;Apr2003, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p8
Presents news briefs on contracts in the railroad equipment industry as of April 2003. Contract awarded by CSX Transportation to CANAC Inc.; Contracts awarded by Eichholz GmbH to Harsco Track Technologies; Contract awarded by Network Rail to Wabtec Rail Ltd.
- 'Zero Defect' service from CSXT. // Railway Age;Dec2002, Vol. 203 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the launch of a Zero Defect Management process by CSX Transportation, designed to eliminate errors in rail performance and reliability. Features and mechanism; Information on service elements affecting rail performance; Advantages.
- Length not the issue in abandonment, STB rules in case of 0.69-mile segment. // Traffic World;6/03/96, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p37
Reports that the Surface Transportation Board has told CSX Transportation and three protesting shippers that it needs more information before it can rule on CSXT's request for an exemption that would allow it to abandon 0.69 miles of track in Orlando, Florida. Central Florida Lumber & Supply...
- Rail barge connection still possible, port officials say. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/6/95, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p10
Reports on developments concerning the rail-barge service between the Crescent City and Mexico. Role of the Port of New Orleans on the service negotiations; Effect of the CSX Transportation Inc.'s pull out on the service project; Possibility of a project expansion.
- CSXT opens fourth service lane. // Railway Age;May96, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p25
Reports that CSX Transportation, opened the Baltimore Service Lane in June, 1996, Which will combine the Baltimore and Cumberland divisions. Locations in the route; Names of CSX's other three service lanes which were opened in 1995 and 1996; Benefits of service lines.
- CSXT: Building again. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Nov98, Vol. 199 Issue 11, p29
Presents information on CSXT's B&O Capacity Improvement Project. Description of the rail project; Details on the amount of work completed over the project's 18-month course; Contractors for the project.
- Circus train derails in latest mishap to plague CSX Transportation rail lines. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;1/24/94, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the series of accidents suffered by CSX Transportation's railroad service. Derailment of a circus train in Lakeland, Florida; Collision between an Amtrak train operating on CSX and a gasoline tanker; Derailment of Amtrak's Sunset Limited on a CSX bridge near Mobile, Alabama.
- CSX Agrees to Good Neighbor Projects In Massachusetts Rail Yard Expansion. // U.S. Rail News;Jul2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the agreement between CSX Transportation Inc. and the state and city officials of Worcester, Massachusetts for rail yard project, traffic improvements and neighborhood mitigation worth 23 million dollars.