My Turn: Scott Maxson
- Finding spaces in odd nyc places. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;04/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p27
Explores alternative sites for conventions in New York City. Demand for meeting space at the Intrepid sea/air/space museum; Available meeting space; Factors considered by meeting planners in considering a meeting venue; Alternatives to hotels as meeting facilities.
- Organizers close in on unexpected cities. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;04/05/99, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the convention facilities in third-tier cities in the United States. Cost of holding meetings in the cities; Drawbacks of third-tier sites; Availability of meeting spaces; Efforts of the cities to improve their convention facilities.
- Largest Las Vegas Conventions/2001. // Las Vegas Business Press;Book of Lists 2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p86
Presents a chart depicting the largest conventions in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2001. Rank of COMDEX as the largest convention; Details on the dates of the convention; Location of the conventions.
- The inn thing to do. Levy, Sandra // Westchester County Business Journal;03/31/97, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the state of the meeting and convention industry in the Westchester County, New York area. Impact of technology on the industry; Bookings for meetings; Profile of several convention facilities including Holiday Inn of Mount Kisco; Edith Macy Conference Center; Tarrytown House...
- SAN DIEGO CONVENTION CENTER ACTIVITY FUELS LOCAL ECONOMY. // San Diego Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, pA1
Examines the economic impact of the San Diego Convention Center in California. Conventions and trade shows held in the center; Amount contributed by the center to San Diego's economy since its opening in 1989.
- Ethnic business summit Sept. 28. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/25/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p25
Announces the schedule of the Ethnic Business Summit at the Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Breaking with convention. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio as a convention site. Featured conventions in Cleveland for 1995; Convention facilities.
- European conference cities. // Business Travel World;Jan2004 Supplement, p16
Presents a guide to some of the conference destinations in Europe. Barcelona, Spain; Birmingham, England; Copenhagen, Denmark.
- A New Dimension for Callaway. McGee, Regina // Association Meetings;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p39
Reports on the launch of the Southern Pine convention facility in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Callaway Gardens in Atlanta, Georgia in September 2002. Amenities offered by the convention facility; Difference of Southern Pine with traditional conference facilities; History of Callaway...