Risk Complexities - Lessons for Everyone
- Lawrence Livermore Tackles Tricky Issue of Cargo Screening. // Air Safety Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on an air-cargo screening program to be implemented by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory at San Francisco International Airport. Security systems to be used in the program; Goal of the program; Overview of the program.
- Europe's Plan for Hijacking the Hijackers. // Air Safety Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the efforts of the International Aviation Safety Association to develop the RoboLander air security device. Features of the device; Concept and principles underlying the security device; Budget allocated for the development of the device.
- CHECKED BAGGAGE SCREENING SYSTEM. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p84
The article presents information about General Electric InVision Inc.'s CTX 9000DSi Explosives Detection System (EDS). The EDS is an in-line checked baggage screening system designed for integrated airport installations. In-line baggage screening systems use machines installed on a...
- Security Quirks. Doyle, John M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/14/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p52
This article reports that airports around the world are using low-technology response to security problems. As the U.S. Transportation Security Administration deployed canine units at airports nationwide, Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts enlisted local clam diggers as a...
- Aviation Security: Challenges Exist in Stabilizing and Enhancing Passenger and Baggage Screening Operations: GAO-04-440T. // GAO Reports;2/12/2004, p1
Securing commercial aviation is a daunting task--with hundreds of airports and thousands of flights daily carrying millions of passengers and pieces of baggage. In an effort to strengthen the security of commercial aviation, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was created and...
- FLARE ALERT. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p85
The article presents information about FlareAlert from the Keystone Group Inc. The Keystone Group's FlareAlert is a battery-operated electronic safety flare that is visible for 3 minutes from both the ground and air in dark light conditions. It offers 20 hours of battery life in flash mode and...
- UAE Conducts Aviation Security Course. // Airport Security Report;2/27/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the United Arab Emirates Centre of Aviation and Security Studies has conducted a five-day aviation security course for professionals in the field. Nearly 40 security and aviation security professionals attended the course which dealt with challenges in aviation security...
- Advantages & Limitation on Air Safety Data Use. // Air Safety Week;5/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of using data from Safety Management Systems (SMS) to manage and improve safety in the aviation industry. It says that SMS identifies measurable set of information and allows simple and effective solutions. It tells that the biggest concern...
- Wanted, aviation security. Ezeh, Peter // New African;Jan2006, Issue 447, p63
The article highlights the need for improved aviation security in Nigeria citing its implications on air travel in the country. President Olesugun Obasanjo apparently upbraided the aviation bureacuracts and threatened to hire foreigners to take charge of air safety if the Nigerians did not improve.