- Ranger American improves quality of home security. // Caribbean Business;7/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p36
Reports the improvement on electronic home security installation quality of Ranger American in Puerto Rico. Development of the closed-circuit system; Impact of advances in technology on home security; Services offered by the company.
- Video Management Software 2.0 = Scalability. Marier, Keven // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p42
The author discusses the characteristics of the video management software (VMS) 2.0. He outlines the applications and functionalities of the VMS 2.0, which can successfully scale thousands of camera devices and it has been widely used by information technology (IT) department due to its...
- Voice security technology fits consumer products. C.M. // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Reports the development of the Voice Password verification technology. Technology's ability to lock out unauthorized access to various items; Sensory Circuits' incorporation of the technology onto integrated circuits for use in consumer products; Availability of the technology at a low cost.
- Security Vital to Information Access. D'Aversa-Williams, Tina // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug99, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the importance of having security systems in electronic information networks. Significance for security and information technology managers to consider security very early in network development; Analysis of each network to determine risks and appropriate balance of access and security.
- Technology creates advances in security. Pedone, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/23/98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the impact of technology innovations on the electronic security industry in New York. Areas of innovation include the central station; Remote control; Video surveillance.
- New online services standards will alleviate businesses' security fears. Doyle, Peter // Computer Weekly;7/11/2002, p23
Comments on the standardization of the Web services security specifications in Great Britain. Operation of multiple authentication and authorization mechanisms in corporate level; Process to manage and enforce security credentials; Benefits of server-centric model for security infrastructure.
- The Age of Digital Aging. Kimery, Anthony // HS Today;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p2
The article addresses the threat of obsolescence to security systems which can cause access control and other problems by 2018.
- What is a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan? Carlisle, Van // Buildings;Aug2003, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on creating a business continuity and disaster recovery plan. Tips in developing a vital records protection strategy; Approaches for protection of vital records; Factors to consider with an off-site approach.
- What's Your Weakest Link? Rindner, Steven // Buildings;May2005, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on the components of electronic security systems in buildings. Processes included in the initial system integration link; Importance of focusing on ongoing system management to ensure the effectiveness of preventive maintenance and service of hardware; Operational aspects...