The Early History of Giant Cell Arteritis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica: First Descriptions to 1970
- RevmatickÃ¡ polymyalgie -- je ÃºÄinnÃ¡ biologickÃ¡ lÃ©Äba? A., Pavelková // Czech Rheumatology / Ceska Revmatologie;2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p183
Both polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) and giant-cell arteritis (temporal arteritis, TA) relatively often affect people in old age, have an acute course and cause significant functional impairment. Manifestations of PMR can often resemble those of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Thus, to differentiate...
- A 24-Year-Old Man with Symptoms and Signs of Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Whittaker, Paul E.; Fitzsimons, Michael G. // Journal of Family Practice;Jul1998, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p68
Most physicians regard polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) as a disease that affects only the elderly. This case report of a 24-year-old man with proximal limb girdle muscle pain, stiffness, tenderness, weakness, and an elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate, who had a dramatic response to steroids,...
- Diagnosis and management of giant cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica: challenges, controversies and practical tips. Mackie, Sarah Louise; Pease, Colin Thomas // Postgraduate Medical Journal;May2013, Vol. 89 Issue 1051, p284
Giant cell arteritis (GCA) and polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) are inflammatory rheumatic diseases that may present to a variety of disciplines and specialities. The mainstay of treatment is glucocorticoids (steroids); together PMR and GCA now represent one of the most common reasons for...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and colon malignacy: case report. Kehler, Tatjana; Ćurković, Božidar // Clinical Rheumatology;Oct2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p764
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a relatively common disorder in the elderly. Whereas the relationship between polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis (GCA) is well recognized, there is still controversy about PMR and malignancy. We are presenting a patient with PMR and adenocarcinoma of...
- Level of Adherence to Prophylactic Osteoporosis Medication amongst Patients with Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis: A Cross-Sectional Study. Emamifar, A.; Gildberg-Mortensen, Rannveig; Andreas Just, S.; Lomborg, N.; Asmussen Andreasen, R.; Jensen Hansen, I. M. // International Journal of Rheumatology;9/29/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Objective. To estimate level of adherence to oral calcium and vitamin D supplementation as well as bisphosphonate amongst patients with PMR and GCA treated with glucocorticoids. Method. A total of 138 patients with the diagnosis of PMR and/or GCA registered in our department in December 2013. In...
- SÃndrome hemofagocÃtico en paciente con polimialgia reumÃ¡tica. García, Roberto Hurtado; Villena, Paola Beneit; Guillén, Sonia Martín; Bernabéu, Alicia Pérez // Reumatologia Clinica;ene/feb2016, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
No abstract available.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis. Pountain, Gillian; Hazleman, Brian // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/22/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6986, p1057
Reports on polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis. Aetiology; Investigations; Treatment; Diagnosing relapse of polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis: Diagnosis and management. Swannell, A.J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/03/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7090, p1329
Presents information on diagnosis and management of polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis. Clinical presentation; Ophthalmic features of giant cell arteritis; Diagnostic investigation; Differential diagnosis.
- Giant cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica. Kagen, Lawrence J. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p179
Deals with giant cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica. Typical symptoms of giant cell arteritis; Laboratory tests that are helpful in diagnosis; Arteries commonly affected; Laboratory findings to indicate polymyalgia rheumatica; Disorders to be considered in differential diagnosis;...