Asset Allocation, Portfolio Optimization: Better Risk-Adjusted Performance?
- West Virginia To Launch Study. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;10/22/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Reports on the launch of a study by West Virginia Investment Management Board related to the allocation of its assets. Responsibilities conferred on Summit Strategies Group to conduct the review; Assets allocated by the investment firm.
- New Economy Gains Adherents. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p79
Ponders on the asset allocation strategies of financial planners in the United States. Stock market allocation and the trends in 1990s; Assessment on equity-to-income allocations; Increase in domestic allocation; Use of value funds for balance.
- Calendar. // Investment Management Weekly;7/2/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p11
A calendar of events related to investment management for July and September 2007 is presented. An event by the Institute for International Research entitled Guns & Hoses will take place from September 16 to 18 in Newport, Rhode Island. Information Management Networks' Fire and Police Pension...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/12/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p40
Presents several terms related to financial planning. Asset allocation; Equity investment strategies; Fixed-income investment strategies.
- Is my house an investment? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p6
In this article the author discusses the importance of understanding how to consider real estate holdings in every aspect of wealth management, from asset allocation to retirement planning.
- Investment strategies part 5: In defense of diversification. Marotta, David John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/10/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p9
The article offers information on the implication of diversification of assets and investment in Hudson, New York. It mentions that diversifying ones asset allocation will result in the reduction of a person's volatility and increases returns. The scheme is criticized by some critics due to the...
- Paul Kennedy: The central role of tax in investment planning. Kennedy, Paul // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/14/2015, p1
The article discusses the role of taxation in investment planning in Great Britain. Topics discussed include many facets of investment planning, issues related to development of models in a pre-tax framework and asset allocation, introduction of a dividend tax allowance and a savings tax...
- CHAPTER 2: FINANCIAL RETURNS: ASSET STRUCTURE RATIOS. Parker, Philip M. // Croatia Economic Competitiveness;Feb2006, p12
In this chapter we consider the asset structure of companies operating in Croatia bench marked against global averages. The chapter begins by defining relevant terms. A common-size statement, or vertical analysis of assets is then presented for companies operating in Croatia and the average...
- Check Up on Your Portfolio. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p2
The article offers tips on how to conduct a portfolio monitoring. According to the author, it is essential to have an asset-allocation plan in place when conducting a portfolio review because it is part of checking up on portfolio's stock, bond or cash mix. Moreover, it notes the significance of...