Does Mutual Fund Manager Tenure Matter?
- Investment brokers. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p88
Ranks investment companies in New Jersey by number of brokers employed. Includes Merrill Lynch; American Express Financial Advisors; Gibraltar Securities; J.B. Hanauer & Co.
- Who's minding the fund? Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/24/97, Vol. 89 Issue 167, p9
Discusses management of mutual funds. Debate in the mutual fund industry about the best style of management; Single manager funds, which depend on the expertise of one person, like the Fidelity Magellan Fund; Co-managed funds, which are run by two or more managers, like the Massachusetts...
- View from the roller coaster. Rodetis, Susan E. // Equities;Jan1995, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the financial performance of mutual fund money managers in the United States in 1994. Kaufmann Fund; Heartland Value; Colonial Small Stock; Acorn Fund; Robertson Stephenson Emerging Growth Fund; Baron Asset.
- Performance Persistence of Experienced Mutual Fund Managers. Porter, Gary E.; Trifts, Jack W. // Financial Services Review;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p57
Examines the performance of fund managers over the 10 year period 1986 through 1995 using relative percentile ranks based on quarterly total returns measured against funds with the same investment objectives in the United States. Indication that superior performance in one five-year period is...
- Fund managers listen up--the following messages are for you. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/24/99, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p20
Part II. Presents the strategies that mutual fund managers in the United States should employ. Need to simplify the management of growth funds; Need for fund managers to be wary of the various personalities of professional investors; Advice against using one strategy to manage funds.
- Business grows to $700 billion. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;11/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p30
Lists fund managers ranked by mutual fund assets under subadvisement. Top equity subadvisers in the United States and worldwide; Subadvisory fee revenue; Importance of subadvising to non-retail advisory firms.
- Upside potential avoids focusing on short-term return. Sortino, Frank // Pensions & Investments;11/12/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p20
Reports the upside-potential ratio of the mutual fund's style benchmark in the United States. Reasons for the upside-potential; Comments of executives and money managers concerning the upside-potential; Rankings of investment companies.
- Fund Managers Lay Out New Game Plans For 2001. Seol, Kap Su // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/8/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p26
Looks at the plans of mutual fund managers for the year 2001. Forecast on the price of the United States (U.S.) government bonds; Effects of the volatility of the stock markets in the U.S.
- Stanfield Stays Disciplined Under Pressure. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the strategies of loan fund managers Steve Alfieri and Chris Jansen of Stanfield Capital Partners.
- Mutual fund mania. Fairley, Juliette // Black Enterprise;Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p109
Highlights the investments strategies of five of the hottest mutual fund managers in the United States as of October, 1996. Includes fund manager Garrett Van Wagoner, Michael Schonberg and Justin Beckett.