The Internet: Can It Reach Out and Touch Someone?
- INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE OF AN 'EXTREME VALUE' MARKET-TIMING APPROACH. Stevens, Jerry L.; Finn, Mark T. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan1990, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p28
While most financial research contends that market timers do not do as well as portfolio managers who do not time the market, the authors believe that the research does not recognize differences in timing strategies. The authors illustrate this by evaluation a successful "extreme value" timing...
- Let go of the sizzle; return to prudent investing. Whitney, Roger // Fort Worth Business Press;12/20/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p21
Focuses on issues related to finance. Discussion on managing and investing family assets; Description of the Internet economy; Prediction of portfolio managers on the financial market and the economy.
- Electronic Interfaces Update Asset Transactions. Huxford, David C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul91, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p108
Focuses on the role of electronic interface in financial planning in the United States. Assessment of the benefits of portfolio management software; Impact of electronic interface on selling mutual fund; Features of financial planning packages.
- Keep financial plans dynamic. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;03/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p21
Discusses steps in developing a comprehensive financial plan. Importance of implementing a personal financial plan; Adjustment of financial plans to accommodate changes in life; Working with a financial advisor in updating a plan; Rebalancing of a portfolio; Ensuring that assets in a portfolio...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p25
Presents personal financial planning tips in the United States for each season of 2000. Includes identification of investment goal in spring; Estate planning and portfolio review in the summer; Calculation of one's net worth in winter.
- Avoid these mistakes in financial planning. Bedel, Elaine // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p27
Offers tips in avoiding mistakes in financial planning. Realization of oneself as the focus of financial planning; Establishment of measurable financial goals; Comprehension of the effects of financial decisions; Reevaluation of financial situation periodically.
- Sometimes the best decision is none at all. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p51
Offers advice concerning financial planning. Maintenance of long-term investment strategy; Importance of checking eligibility for a Roth conversion before rolling over an individual retirement account; Drawback of rollover accounts.
- Some New Year's investment resolutions. Cofrancesco, Sandra // BusinessWest;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p45
Recommends several New Year's resolutions which are easier to accomplish in relation to financial planning. Re-evaluation of portfolio; Consideration of investing in a company; Investment in a broad range of securities; Maintenance of emergency fund; Tax considerations; Development of an...
- Financial Planning Essential in the New Millennium. Farkas, Mitch // San Diego Business Journal;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p27
Discusses factors to consider in implementing and updating one's financial plans. Trends in financial planning; Sources of information; Four steps in a coordinated financial planning process.